May I have help transcribing a birth record?
- CowryShells
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 17:35
May I have help transcribing a birth record?
This is from the processetti. According to her other birth record, Maria Rosa was an abandoned baby, found in the Convent of San Matteo. I can't find reference to that here. Please correct my mistakes/omissions below. Thank you!
Certifico io quì sottoscritto Cancelliere Comunale
di San Marco in Lamis, che avendo perquisito le stato
civile de nati dell' --- 1811 ho trovato in
__ la sequente __
N. d'ordine dicianove A quindici del mese
di gennaro detto anno 1811 si è registrata la na-
sita di Maria Rosa cujus parentes ignorantux
colla dichiarazione e pros__ __ fatta alla
____ a di due testimonj a norma della legge
___ registre sidici di ___ stata battezzata
San Marco in Lamis agosto 1829
Certifico io quì sottoscritto Cancelliere Comunale
di San Marco in Lamis, che avendo perquisito le stato
civile de nati dell' --- 1811 ho trovato in
__ la sequente __
N. d'ordine dicianove A quindici del mese
di gennaro detto anno 1811 si è registrata la na-
sita di Maria Rosa cujus parentes ignorantux
colla dichiarazione e pros__ __ fatta alla
____ a di due testimonj a norma della legge
___ registre sidici di ___ stata battezzata
San Marco in Lamis agosto 1829
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
This is what I can get from it. I'm sure our other volunteers will help with the rest...CowryShells wrote:This is from the processetti. According to her other birth record, Maria Rosa was an abandoned baby, found in the Convent of San Matteo. I can't find reference to that here. Please correct my mistakes/omissions below. Thank you!
http://a.imageshack.us/img339/3663/mari ... cesset.jpg
Certifico io quì sottoscritto Cancelliere Comunale
di Sammarco in Lamis, che avendo perquisito le stato
civile de nati dell' esercizio--- 1811 ho trovato in
__ la sequente __
N. d'ordine diciannove A quindici del mese
di gennaio detto anno 1811 si è registrata la na-
sita di Maria Rosa cujus parentes ignorantux
colla dichiarazione e presentazione fatta alla
presenza di due testimonj a norma della legge
nel? registre sidici di ___ stata battezzata
Sammarco in Lamis 2 agosto 1829
T.
- CowryShells
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 17:35
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
Thank you, Tessa! I have several documents with the word esercizio, and couldn't read it in any of them, so I especially appreciate knowing that word.
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
I believe the correct transcription of the one section is:
nel registre si dice di esser stata battezzata
nel registre si dice di esser stata battezzata
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
also it is "lo stato civile" and not "le stato civile"
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
"ho trovato in esso la seguente"
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
one last thing-
after lo stato civile it should say "dei nati" and not "de nati"
after lo stato civile it should say "dei nati" and not "de nati"
- CowryShells
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 17:35
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
Hi Peg!
This is very helpful. Thank you!
This is very helpful. Thank you!
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
Happy to help. You're making good progress on your own.
Peg
Peg
- CowryShells
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 17:35
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
Thanks for the encouragement. It's great to be able to have help through the roadblocks!
- CowryShells
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 17:35
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
I just realized Lucap already solved the last piece for me on another document. The abbreviation just after the word seguente is:
v(idelicet)[=cioè]
Thanks again, Lucap!
v(idelicet)[=cioè]
Thanks again, Lucap!
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
I'm glad that Luca figured that out, as I had no idea what that meant and should have mentioned it when I translated the section before that.
Peg
Peg
- CowryShells
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 17:35
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
Here is another one I've been working on, trying to apply what I've learned here. I would really appreciate help with this one too. Thank you!
Fo [=faccio] fede io quì sottoscritto Parroco della Parrocchia di Sant'Antonio Abate
di questo comune di San Marco in Lamis, come avendo perquisito
il libro battesimale, per ____ ho trovata la ___
parr__ A _ fol. 178
A otto gennaio mille ottocento due / 8 gennaio 1802 /
Liborio Mercaldi figlio di Pasquale ed Archangela Cursio ____
(padrino e madrina?) Carmine Cera / ___ / 50(?) ___ da Vittoria Matteucci(?)
___ ___ San Marco in Lamis primo agosto mille ottocen-
to ventinove / 1 agosto 1829 /
Fo [=faccio] fede io quì sottoscritto Parroco della Parrocchia di Sant'Antonio Abate
di questo comune di San Marco in Lamis, come avendo perquisito
il libro battesimale, per ____ ho trovata la ___
parr__ A _ fol. 178
A otto gennaio mille ottocento due / 8 gennaio 1802 /
Liborio Mercaldi figlio di Pasquale ed Archangela Cursio ____
(padrino e madrina?) Carmine Cera / ___ / 50(?) ___ da Vittoria Matteucci(?)
___ ___ San Marco in Lamis primo agosto mille ottocen-
to ventinove / 1 agosto 1829 /
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
I think that after "ho trovato" (it's an o and not an a at the end of trovato)-is the abbreviation for the word seguente (meaning following). So it would be "ho trovato la seguente particolare (I think particolare is the next word even though it looks like more than one word) followed by the abbreviation fol.
That's as far as I've gotten.
That's as far as I've gotten.
- CowryShells
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 17:35
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
It's nice to get that cleared up. Thank you!
