Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
In case you are interested in learning more about infant abandonment in Italy, there are a number of books out there which may be of interest to you. I started reading such books when I discovered that my paternal grandfather was an abandoned infant:
Sacrificed for Honor: Italian Infant Abandonment and the Politics of Reproductive Control by Professor David I Kertzer. (deals with 19th century Italy)
Although Jewish, and the son of a rabbi, Professor Kertzer has done a lot of research on Italian related subjects and was one of the first researchers allowed into the Vatican archives when they were first opened it to researchers. He has written a lot of books which I have found interesting.
There is, of course, the book called The Kindness of Strangers by John Boswell, but this only deals with the abandonment of children in Western Europe from olden times up to the Renaissance.
There is an ancient legend for lovers, in Salerno: the story of the beautiful Antonella. Antonella was one of the bridesmaids of Queen Margherita of Durazzo. One day the son of Margherita, Ladislaus, while returning from war stopped to greet his mother, along with several warriors, including Raimond...