I am writting to the town of Furnari, Sicily to request two birth certificates and a marriage certificate. I got help with the letter in the translation forum and it's ready to go. Here's my checklist of what to include with the letter:
photocopy of my id
international return postage certificate
payment
Does that sound like a complete packet for getting back the three certificates?
How much money should I send and how do I send it? I was thinking $20/certificate = $60USD. How do I get a money order, or something like it, in Euros?
Sending $ to Italy with request for documents
Re: Sending $ to Italy with request for documents
Don't send any money. These services are free. My check was returned uncashed with the following explanation from the Comune:
N.B. In restituzione l'assegno di $. 25.00 N.11005 emesso il 23.7.2010 in quanto gli atti di stato civile sono esenti dal pagamento dei diritti di segreteria.
N.B. In restituzione l'assegno di $. 25.00 N.11005 emesso il 23.7.2010 in quanto gli atti di stato civile sono esenti dal pagamento dei diritti di segreteria.

