Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
This is a 1836 marriage record from Villalba, Caltanissetta for Amadeo Capitano. His parents are underlined. Father is Nicolo and mother is Francesca ????
I am looking for opinions, guesses, or suggestions on what the last name of Francesca is on this record. This is a sibling of a direct ancestor. On her death record her mother is just listed as Francesca, with a blank space for the surname. I can add more of the record if a larger handwriting sample would be helpful to anyone. I haven't found any other siblings for a better comparison.
I thought Fragirdamo, but can not find this or anything similar on other civil record indexes.
That looks more like an I than an F. Check out the way the letter I is formed at the begining of the document for Ignazio, the magistrate. It actually looks like Inagirolama/o. But obviously this isn't a possible last name. Girolama and Girolamo are both common Italian first names, but this is a stumper.
This is a 1836 marriage record from Villalba, Caltanissetta for Amadeo Capitano. His parents are underlined. Father is Nicolo and mother is Francesca ????
I am looking for opinions, guesses, or suggestions on what the last name of Francesca is on this record. This is a sibling of a direct ancestor. On her death record her mother is just listed as Francesca, with a blank space for the surname. I can add more of the record if a larger handwriting sample would be helpful to anyone. I haven't found any other siblings for a better comparison.
I thought Fragirdamo, but can not find this or anything similar on other civil record indexes.
Thanks for the help,
Debbie
Hi:
1 red line: Amadeo Capitano widow.. etc... son of Nicolò, defunto (died)
2 red line: and son of Francesca Fragirolamo (?), defunta(died)
really seems Fragirolamo, but this surname currently not exist, perhaps existing in the past...
Thanks to everyone for looking. It is such a benefit to have another view on this. I have one roll of microflim left to order, early birth records from this time period. Maybe I will get lucky and be able to match the name.
There has been a strong custom in Italy that determines how children are named: The first male is named after his paternal grandfather.The second male is named after his maternal grandfather.The first female is named after her paternal grandmother.The second female is named after her maternal grandm...