palmgps wrote:You had indicated that you were looking for Carione or Carrione from Cavella. I am looking for Donato Cirone or Donatantonio Cirone from Cavella. He came to the United States in 1903, traveling to Pittston, PA.
I was thinking that he traveled from Pittston, PA to Derry, PA where he at some point married Carmella (Camilla) Bruno and fathered 4 children when he was run over and killed by a train in Derry in 1918.
Mary
Hi Mary,
Donatantonio CIRONE son of Giuseppe CIRONE and Felicia MAZZIOTTA, was born in Calvello the 28 sep 1879
here the birth act #138 http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6980/cirone.jpg
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website: ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
palmgps wrote:You had indicated that you were looking for Carione or Carrione from Cavella. I am looking for Donato Cirone or Donatantonio Cirone from Cavella. He came to the United States in 1903, traveling to Pittston, PA.
I was thinking that he traveled from Pittston, PA to Derry, PA where he at some point married Carmella (Camilla) Bruno and fathered 4 children when he was run over and killed by a train in Derry in 1918.
Mary
Hi Mary,
Donatantonio CIRONE son of Giuseppe CIRONE and Felicia MAZZIOTTA, was born in Calvello the 28 sep 1879
here the birth act #138 http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6980/cirone.jpg
regards,
suanj
Thank you for the information. He is not the Donato for whom I was looking. Oh well. My Donato Cirone was born 3/3/1883 somewhere in Italy. He married someone named Carmella Bruno. She was form Basillicata.
Mary
palmgps wrote:I located the manifest on Ellisisland.org
Donatantonio Cirone,
ship: Roma,
2/26/1903
last residence: Calvello, Italy
destination: Pittston, PA
24 years old
father Guiseppi (spelling?) already there
I have nothing else. I am trying to determine from where in Italy, Donato Cirone came. His first child was born around 1911/12 in Derry, PA.
your ancestor, by the ship manifest was born in 1879... age 24 in 1903.. coming from Calvello; joining at father Giuseppe ...
In its most general sense, the term genealogy refers to the study of family history, while encompassing such related fields as ethnology, onomatology and --in rather few cases-- heraldry. It is important to bear in mind that genealogy forms part of the framework of general history. The best genealog...