Antonio and Fannie Dimaria

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Antonio and Fannie Dimaria

Post by smmyjoe2 »

Hi
I am doing a family tree and was hoping someone can help me get info on My great Great Grandparents , They are Antonio Dimaria and he Married a Fannie Dalea. I think they were born in Terrasini, Italy. They had two Boys Guieseppe who was born in May 5 1878. So I am thinking maybe Antonio was born around 1857 . Thier other son was Vincenzo Dimaria , I dont have any on him. I would appericate any help.
Thank You
Debbie
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Antonio and Fannie Dimaria

Post by eyetalgal »

Family Group Record for Antonino Di Maria

================================================================================
Husband: Antonino Di Maria
================================================================================
Father: Giuseppe Di Maria ( - )
Mother: Fara Vitale ( - )
Marriage: Apr 8, 1872 Place: Terrasini, Palermo,
Sicilia, Italia
Wife: Francesca D'aleo
Father: Francesco Paolo D'aleo ( - )
Mother: Rosalia Ciaramitaro ( - )
Children
1 M Giuseppe Di Maria
Born: May 5, 1878 – Terrasini, Sicily
Died: Sep 6, 1951 - St. Louis, MO, USA
Cause of Death: Coronary Thrombosis
Buried: Sep 8, 1951 - Calvary Cemetery - St. Louis, MO
Spouse: Brigitta Ciaramitaro (1880-1931):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 M Francesco Paolo Di Maria
Christened: Mar 28, 1871 - Terrasini, Palermo, Sicilia, Italia
Spouse: Liboria Giordano ( - )
Marr. Date: Feb 9, 1903 - Terrasini, Palermo, Sicilia, Italia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 M Vincenzo Di Maria
Spouse: Caterina Lentini ( - )
Marr. Date: Dec 20, 1907 - Terrasini, Palermo, Sicilia, Italia
4 F Fara Di Maria
Spouse: Croce Lentini ( - )
Marr. Date: Dec 20, 1907 - Terrasini, Palermo, Sicilia, Italia
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by smmyjoe2 »

Thank You so much...Thats amazing how you find things, Can you help me with one more please.

Looking for my Great grandparents info , Thier son is Frank Orlando and he was born in 1865 in Terrasini and died in 1952 Gloucester < Mass Usa.
He Married a Joanna Ciaramitaro and they had 7 Children. I cant seem to find his Parents or hers , I am assume they were both from Terrasini to.

Thank You and Please let me know
Debbie
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eyetalgal »

I can't find a marriage for Frank & Giovanna in Terrasini. Her manifest (12/4/1913 - San Guglielmo) says she was born in Mazzara, Trapani... (Her mother is Grazia Moceri)

I don't have anything on Mazzara marriages but I would look there.

Sorry I don't have more for you.

Angelina
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Can you give us a little more info on Frank. Where did he originally settle?
Did he have any siblings?
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by smmyjoe2 »

Hi Frank was born in Terrasini, Italy and he settled In Gloucester, mass Usa. I heard he might have been Married before to a Filippa Aiello , who was also born in Italy. But I havent confirm That yet. His son Dominic and wife Fannie , Lived in Gloucester Ma. For Joanna her married name was Ciaramitaro , and I am not sure if she ever did leave Italy. Thier first two was born in Italy. That was Filippa and Anthony.

Thats all I know...
Thank You so Much
Debbie
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by smmyjoe2 »

Angela,

I was wondering if you have any more info on The children beside Giuseppe, I have his.
Thank You Again
Debbie
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eyetalgal »

This is all I have

Family Group Record for Giuseppe Di Maria

Husband: Giuseppe Di Maria
Born: May 5, 1878 - Terrasini, Palermo, Sicilia, Italia
Died: Sep 6, 1951 - St. Louis, MO, USA
Cause of Death: Coronary Thrombosis
Buried: Sep 8, 1951 - Calvary Cemetery - St. Louis, MO
Father: Antonino Di Maria ( - )
Mother: Francesca D'aleo ( - )
Marriage: Jun 26, 1901 Place: Terrasini, Palermo,
Sicilia, Italia
Wife: Brigitta Ciaramitaro
Born: Nov 2, 1880 - Italia
Died: Mar 5, 1931 - St. Louis, MO, USA
Cause of Death: Adhesions of Colon with Obstruction of Bowel due to adhesions
Buried: Mar 9, 1931 - Calvary Cemetery - St. Louis, MO
Father: Michael Ciaramitaro ( - )
Mother: Fannie Moceri ( - )
Children
1 M Paul Di Maria
Born: Apr 5, 1913 - St. Louis, MO, USA
Died: May 20, 1914 - St. Louis, MO, USA
Cause of Death: Measles
Buried: May 20, 1914 - Calvary Cemetery - St. Louis, MO

General Notes (Husband)

Res: 5639 Labadie Ave., St, Louis

Railroad worker - retired

eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eyetalgal »

I don't have a marriage for Frank Orlando & Filippa Aiello but I do have the following family so I'm wondering if you may have the first name of the first wife wrong?

Family Group Record for Francesco Orlando

Husband: Francesco Orlando
Christened: Jul 5, 1865 - Terrasini, Palermo, Sicilia, Italia
Father: Antonino Orlando ( - )
Mother: Filippa Ciaramitaro ( - )
Marriage: Jan 11, 1891 Place: Terrasini, Palermo,
Sicilia, Italia
Wife: Margherita Aiello
Christened: Mar 31, 1866 - Terrasini, Palermo, Sicilia, Italia
Buried: Dec 26, 1895 - Terrasini, Palermo, Sicilia, Italia
Father: Rosario Aiello ( - )
Mother: Antonia Ventimiglia ( - )
Children
1 M Antonino Orlando:
Christened: Jun 1, 1894 - Terrasini, Palermo, Sicilia, Italia
2 F Filippa Orlando
Christened: Nov 8, 1891 - Terrasini, Palermo, Sicilia, Italia
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by smmyjoe2 »

Hi Angela

Yes I could have her named wrong did they have any children ? I Think they also Michael is Thiers . I Think The Other children are Joanna with Frank. Which would be Dominic Margaret Salvatore and Frank.

What do you think?
Thanks
Debbie
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eyetalgal »

here's what I have on Frank & Giovanna's family. Note: Mike may well be Mercurio.

Family Group Record for Francesco Orlando

Husband: Francesco Orlando
Born: Abt 1866
Wife: Giovanna (Anna) Ciaramitaro
Born: abt 1876 (Ellis Island) - Mazara, Trapani, Sicilia,
Italia
Mother: Grazia Moceri ( - )
Children
1 M Mercurio Orlando
Christened: Oct 10, 1897 - Terrasini, Palermo, Sicilia, Italia
2 M Domenico Orlando
Christened: Oct 22, 1900 - Terrasini, Palermo, Sicilia, Italia

General Notes (Husband)

Ellis Island 5/24/1912 (San Giorgio) to Detroit - son Antonino

Fisherman

General Notes (Wife)

Ellis Island 12/4/1913 (San Guglielmo) to Detroit
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by smmyjoe2 »

Hi angela

Do you have a excat date for Franks Birthday? Or Thier Daughter Filippa ? Does It show That Frank and Joanna Ciaramitaro ever married? Because I hear he left his wife because she didnt want to leave italy.

Thanks
Debbie
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eyetalgal »

If Frank's fiirst wife was Margherita then you have the dates above. If not, then I don't have anything else. I can't find any baptism record for a Filippa born to Frank and Giovanna.
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by smmyjoe2 »

Hi Angela

Okak You are right for the first wife , its Margherita . I was wondering does it show him marry to a Joanna or Johanna Ciamaritaro? Does it show when Frank Orlando came over?

Thanks again
Debbie
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eyetalgal »

I'm having difficulty with the story that Frank's first wife didn't want to leave Sicily and he then ended up with Giovanna. The first born I could find for Frank and Giovanna was 1897..15 years before Frank emigrated to the US. I would sooner believe that his first wife died. (I'm suggesting that the coincidence of Margherita's death in 1895 and Mercurio's birth in 1897 suggests that the Francesco from that marriage, with 2 childrens, may have remarried about 1896-1897) There's nothing in the Terrasini records I can find that proves this/or disproves this.

I think until you find the marriage you'll not know the truth. There are films at LDS for the marriages in Mazara for the years you need.