Dr Carlo Ofenheimer

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
BeatrixAnna

Dr Carlo Ofenheimer

Post by BeatrixAnna »

Looking for the family of Dr Carlo Ofenheimer born 1870 in Triest who married Marie Bayer, born 1878, from Fürstenfeld, Styria, in Austria. He was director of an insurance company in Triest.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Dr Carlo Ofenheimer

Post by suanj »

I found a Carlo Giovanni Ofenheimer director of company in Via S. Nicolò, 12 -Trieste (12 S. Nicolò st Trieste), years 1862/5.. maybe the father?
http://books.google.it/books?id=K1kpAAA ... er&f=false
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

from the site Ancestry.com:

High-Life-Almanach: Adressbuch der Gesellschaft Wiens und der österreichischen Kronländer, 1913 (in German)
Schools, Directories & Church Histories

Name: Carlo Ofenheimer
Residence: 1913 - Österreich (Austria)

image:
http://postimage.org/image/1i2vj8sf8/

Carlo Ofenheimer was living in Trieste, Villa Schroeder, Via Farneto n- 738
there are two other persons with the same lastname living in Trieste in this directory:

Ofenheimer Adriano, Via Belpoggio, 1 Trieste
Ofenheimer Berta, Via Belpoggio 1, Trieste

Berta married a Segni and died in Alessandria d'Egitto:

http://www.donbosco.ro/resurse_ecl/BS/pub/191112.php

obit:
Berta Stagni, nata Ofenheimer.

Questa nostra insigne benefattrice moriva in Alessandria d'Egitto nel giugno u. s. in età di anni 46. Il lutto dell'illustre famiglia fu lutto della cittadinanza intera e specialmente della Colonia Italiana, che aveva ammirato nella defunta le più elette virtù. Anche gli alunni dell'Istituto nostro intervenendo ai suoi funerali le resero doveroso tributo di gratitudine pei tanti benefizi ricevuti da Lei e dalla sua famiglia.

Vogliano affettuosamente suffragarla anche i nostri lettori.

There are no Ofenheimer lsited on the Italian white pages jsut one person living in Trentino Alto Adige... did they have descendants in Italy?

Laura
BeatrixAnna

Post by BeatrixAnna »

This could easily be the father of MY Carlo Ofenheimer, I do not think the name was so common at the time and first names were very often passed down from father to first-born son. Thanks very much for your help.
BeatrixAnna

Post by BeatrixAnna »

This was probably the Carlo Ofenheimer am looking for as I can confirm the address Via Farneto 739 for 1904. He probably moved between Triest and Vienna (Styria) regularly as director of an insurance company trying to get new customers in amongst his wife’s parents who were very wealthy.
I have knowledge of a daughter called Marie Helene born 1899 and a son called Carlo born 1903 who went on to become a doctor and lived in Milan. The names Adriano and Berta are quite new to me although Bertha is a name that was in Marie’s family. Thank you for your help.