Naturalization documents

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jalapeno89
Rookie
Rookie

Naturalization documents

Post by jalapeno89 »

I have found several documents online relating to my great grandfathers naturalization. Because USCIS does not issue certified records and is only on July 2010 requests at the moment, could i just print it out? also i am attaching what i have found, could someone who knows what is going on let me know if any of these will suffice to prove that he was naturalized for the consulate. Thank you

They are on this blog because they were too big for this site
http://juresanguinispepper.blogspot.com ... ition.html
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Naturalization documents

Post by johnnyonthespot »

You are exceedingly lucky because your ancestor naturalized in the federal court system. That means that you can easily and quickly obtain certified copies of these documents from the National Archives.

The National Archives is both an inexpensive and fast way to obtaiin naturalization docs; unfortunately for many parts of the country, NARA only holds naturalization records from the federal courts. Start here https://eservices.archives.gov/orderonl ... chives.gov and click Order Reproductions, then Immigration & Naturalization Records. There is no charge unless they find a record and only a very reasonable charge if they do ($7.50 for non-certified, $22.50 for certified copies).

Be sure to order the certified copies; you can use the information found on the records you already have to fill in the order form. Should be a piece of cake. :)
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
jalapeno89
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jalapeno89 »

Hi thank you for your help,but could you be more specific? which of the documents do i need? and which of the numbers should i use?
jalapeno89
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jalapeno89 »

Also that site will only allow me to order documents in New York up until 1906...
dmbozza

Post by dmbozza »

How can the National Archives report a Negative Search??

Since I am already in possession of his Certificate of Citizenship, which was issued from the Dept of Labor in the Hudson County Court in Jersey City on June 24th, 1935. I was hoping to collect some other documents such as his Declaration of Intention, Petition, and Oath of Allegiance.

I provided his petition #, his name, date of birth, etc...and yet I get a Negative Search.?.?.?

Good lord, what gives? Will the copy I have suffice for my citizenship mtg or must I go another route?

Help as this is very frustrating!&^%@#!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

dmbozza wrote:How can the National Archives report a Negative Search??
With few exceptions, the National Archives only has naturalization records for persons who naturalized in a federal court. For naturalizations which took place in state or county courts, you can try the county archives (check the county's web site). In some states, the courts have their own archives. Note: A very high percentage of naturalizations prior to the 1950's took place in state and county courts.

You can always get these records from USCIS for any naturalization which took place after September, 1906, regardless of the court system involved. Costs more and takes longer, but USCIS should definitely have the documents.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)