marriage annotation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

marriage annotation

Post by oilman19 »

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4499 ... birth1.jpg

Does this marriage annotation state that Raffaele Ianniello married Carlotta Giarruno on 14 Apr 1954?

BTW I got this from the new documents on Ancestry (nice clear document). :)
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: marriage annotation

Post by maestra36 »

Jim
I believe you understood the marriage annotation correctly.

Just for your information, the surname Giarruno does not appear in the current Italian white pages, but I see it on Ellis Island. One person was from Teano in Caserta Province, whereas the others came from Sicily.

And, yes, the image is extremely clear. You were lucky that you were able to retrieve it.

Peg
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you, Peg. :)
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The surname is Giarrusso. There are 3 entries in the White Pages for Santa Maria C.V. and almost 400 all over Italy...

Merry Xmas

oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

When I originally viewed those letters, I probably would have made them an "s". But since there was no below the line loop, I discounted that idea.

Thank you, Livio. And Merry Christmas to you, too.
Jim