e-mail from cousin

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

e-mail from cousin

Post by LKate »

Hello,
Would someone please translate the e-mail below from my cousin in Italy? Thank you.
Laura

mi sembra ieri che ci siamo conosciuti e siete stati qui in Italia invece è già passato più di un anno!
Però vi penso spesso con tanta simpatia e spero che ci sarà ancora occasione di vederci.Tanti auguri di Buon Natale a voi e alla vostra famiglia, anche da parete di Paolo e Maria Rosa.
Un abbraccio.
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: e-mail from cousin

Post by maestra36 »

This is what I believe the email is saying:

It seems to me (i.e, if my memory serves me correctly) that it was only yesterday that we met and that you were here in Italy. Instead more than a year has already passed. But I think about you often with so much pleasure and hope that there will be yet another occasion to see each other. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas to you and your family, also from (parete?)* of Paul and Maria Rosa.
A hug.

* I am thinking there might be a typo in the email and that the word parete (which means "wall") should be parente which means "relatives," which would make sense to me. If it is not a typo, then I really don't know what that part of the email is trying to communicate.

Peg
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

A slight correction...

"mi sembra ieri che ci siamo conosciuti e siete stati qui in Italia invece è già passato più di un anno!" = "I feel as if it was yesterday when we met and you were here in Italy but actually more than one year has passed"

the typo should be corrected in: "anche da parte di Paolo e Maria Rosa." = "also from Paul and Maria Rosa"
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Grazie, Livio.
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LKate »

Thanks to both of you for your help with the exact translation. I appreciate it very much. Happy holidays!
LKate