Bride's father's given name

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Bride's father's given name

Post by oilman19 »

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/2057 ... rr1900.jpg

Is the bride's father Innocenzo(?) Foggia?

Thank you
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Squigy
Master
Master

Re: Bride's father's given name

Post by Squigy »

oilman19 wrote:http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/2057 ... rr1900.jpg

Is the bride's father Innocenzo(?) Foggia?

Thank you
I would say that's definitely Innocenzo. The only thing I wasn't sure about at first was the "I" but it definitely matches the one in Ianniello (and it clearly ends with "cenzo").

Aren't these records great :wink: I've already spent hours going through the ones for my town.
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
oilman19
Master
Master

Re: Bride's father's given name

Post by oilman19 »

You are right. I have to admit that I can't wait to get back to my computer when I have been away from it for a while. :)

The convenience of access to these records on Ancestry has changed my attitude considerably. As discussed in a previous thread, I can skip the long rides to FHC, at inconvenient times with very limited hours, to sit in the dark to pour over poor quality films using "cranky" old microfilm readers. I was starting to lose my enthusiasm due to some issues at the FHC of which I had no control. It doesn't get any better than this.

I had studied that surname for quite a while before I came up with a probable answer. Thank you for your confirmation.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.