thanks for your help!!!!!!!
My Great Grandfather American Family
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
In that period (1930's) he probably lived alone, without a woman...
thanks for your help!!!!!!!
thanks for your help!!!!!!!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
The 1940 US Census will be released to the public sometime next year (2012). We can take a look at that time. 
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
Do you think Giovanni and Tina actually married?
I found this record:
Also, many elderly persons from the New York area retire to the state of Florida where they live their final years.
This person was born at approximately the correct time, I think, and could possibly be Giovanni's Tina. You can order a copy of the Florida death certificate for only $5.00 (I think Florida is the least expensive of all US states!!). You may find useful information on the certificate.
See http://www.doh.state.fl.us/planning_eva ... deaths.htm for information on how to order.
I found this record:
As you may know, when a woman marries in the US, she takes on her husband's surname/cognome. After divorce, some women choose to keep thier husband's name; others revert back to their maiden name.Florida Death Index, 1877-1998 about Constantina Sibille Calosso
Name: Constantina Sibille Calosso
Death Date: 11 Nov 1983
County of Death: Alachua
State of Death: Florida
Age at Death: 88
Race: White
Birth Date: 16 Mar 1895
Also, many elderly persons from the New York area retire to the state of Florida where they live their final years.
This person was born at approximately the correct time, I think, and could possibly be Giovanni's Tina. You can order a copy of the Florida death certificate for only $5.00 (I think Florida is the least expensive of all US states!!). You may find useful information on the certificate.
See http://www.doh.state.fl.us/planning_eva ... deaths.htm for information on how to order.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
No, no, this probably not correct.
This may be "Constantina Sibille" who married a man named Calosso.
It is difficult to be certain about these things. Sibille is a cognome in Italy ( http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... btt=1&om=0 ); but Sibilla is a nome femimine...
This may be "Constantina Sibille" who married a man named Calosso.
It is difficult to be certain about these things. Sibille is a cognome in Italy ( http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... btt=1&om=0 ); but Sibilla is a nome femimine...
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
Giovanni lived with Tina, but I'm not sure if they werw married. Calosso might be the surname of her first husband.
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
Sibille is a surname of North Italy (Piemonte) and Calosso too has the same origin;)
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
It can definitely confuse things when names are changed. The wife of the immigrant I'm working on is named Michellina, which is the feminine of Miguel (or Michael). She came to America in 1902. Probably in Calabrese dialect her name sounded something like "Micci" to English speakers. As it is, she ended up going by "Maggie", which is a nick-name for Margaret and a totally different name from Michellina. Maggie is on her naturalization certificate as well. Fortunately she is not in the direct line -- but if she were, this would have to be amended.
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
Hi, any news??
I've found a letter of my grandfather who wrote from New York to His sons. The address is 125 Mc Dougal Street (Now Club Groove).
On the document you have sent to me there is 123 Mc Dougal Street with the name DR. Giordano, perhaps one of his neighbours or a friend. (Today Ben's Pizzeria).
The address of his employer (Dapuzzo, D'abruzzo, Lapuzzo????) is nearby Mc Dougal Street, (see W. 3rd Street).
Which kind of job could he do in that period?
I've found a letter of my grandfather who wrote from New York to His sons. The address is 125 Mc Dougal Street (Now Club Groove).
On the document you have sent to me there is 123 Mc Dougal Street with the name DR. Giordano, perhaps one of his neighbours or a friend. (Today Ben's Pizzeria).
The address of his employer (Dapuzzo, D'abruzzo, Lapuzzo????) is nearby Mc Dougal Street, (see W. 3rd Street).
Which kind of job could he do in that period?
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
Any news about him???
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
Hi, I found Sibille Costantina (Tina), date of birth 1895 in Ellis Island Passenger's records. She arrived at New york at the age of 18, she worked as a maid.
Then, in 1930 she travelled with her husband Calosso Dino. I think she is 'Tina', the woman my great grandfather met in New York.
Happy weekend!!!!!
Then, in 1930 she travelled with her husband Calosso Dino. I think she is 'Tina', the woman my great grandfather met in New York.
Happy weekend!!!!!
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
Hi, are there any news about my great grand-father??
Please let me have some reply....Have a nice day!
Please let me have some reply....Have a nice day!
