Hi again,
In another topic I was looking for Francesco Risafi, from Cosenza, Italy. Well, I found (with the help of some people here in the forum) very useful information about him, but anyway I want to make sure that the one I found is him.
Can anybody please look for him in ancestry.com? Because I know that website is membership-paid, and It's really expensive for me (I live in Argentina, and 1 dollar is 4 argentine pesos). I would be really happy if somebody can help me with that.
The one I'm looking:
Name: Francesco Risafi
Year: 1881-1885
Region: Cosenza (I think he was born in Corigliano Calabro but I'm not sure)
And then, if it doesn't bother you, I need some info of his wife
Assunta De Filippi (or Asuncion, Asunta, Asumpta, Asumta...those can be the name)
She was probably born between 1892-1895. She was also from Cosenza.
Thank you very much!
Please if you found something, post here every info you can. Thanks!!!!!
I need somebody with ancestry.com membership please!
Re: I need somebody with
I didn't realize a thing, is ancestry.com only for looking people that migrate to USA??
Because both people I'm looking for, they came to Argentina. Anyway, the info I need is for finding their birth certificate. Thanks
Because both people I'm looking for, they came to Argentina. Anyway, the info I need is for finding their birth certificate. Thanks
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: I need somebody with
General info on this topic: https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Argent ... mmigration
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: I need somebody with
Also here: https://www.familysearch.org/s/search/i ... entYearTo=
Do you know with absolute certainty that Francesco went directly from Italy to Argentina? Or did he possibly go Italy -> US -> Argentina, staying in the US for months or years before continuing on to Argentina?
Do you know with absolute certainty that Francesco went directly from Italy to Argentina? Or did he possibly go Italy -> US -> Argentina, staying in the US for months or years before continuing on to Argentina?
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: I need somebody with
Yes, I'm 100% sure that Francesco went directly from Italy to Argentina. I saw all the Francesco Risafi you found, but any of those match the years.
He was born in 1881-1884, and he married here in Argentina in 1909 with Assunta (or Asuncion) De Filippi.
It's weird, I found (you too, in the other post) some info about Francesco, but I didn't find even one thing about his wife!
That's why I thought that mayyyyybe in ancestry.com can be found...i hope...
He was born in 1881-1884, and he married here in Argentina in 1909 with Assunta (or Asuncion) De Filippi.
It's weird, I found (you too, in the other post) some info about Francesco, but I didn't find even one thing about his wife!
That's why I thought that mayyyyybe in ancestry.com can be found...i hope...
