Can not find records

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
htbrown1953
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Can not find records

Post by htbrown1953 »

BlackZ06,

I joined this website on Christmas Day, 2010 looking for some information for a former co-worker of mine about his grandfather Joseph De Caro, also known as Giuseppe Digaro.

This Joseph De Caro might have been a brother to your Nickola De Caro.

Here's a link to the three pages of information that others on this website found for me about Joseph De Caro and his family back in Italy.

Click on this link and it will open up another page showing you all of the information.

http://www.italiangenealogy.com/Forums/ ... art=0.html

I e-mailed the guy that I was looking all of this information for and asked him to join this website so he can get in touch with you to compare your family records to see if you're related to each other.

This former co-worker of mine currently lives in Mattoon, Illinois.

His grandfather changed his name several times or it was misspelled on the records that were found for him each time.

I've seen this Joseph De Caro's name spelled Giuseppe De Cara, Giuseppe Digaro, and Joseph Dicaro.

I'm not sure why the name changed so much over the years, perhaps Joseph De Caro had a thick Italian accent and the person taking down the information for the forms misunderstood what he said his name was and didn't bother to ask him to spell his name out.

Since Joseph De Caro died in 1953 we'll never be able to find out for certain.
blackZ06

Post by blackZ06 »

Hi,
Very interesting facts.

My father is the son of, Guiseppi De Caro and Maria Fiducia.

He met my mother in New york.

He was brother to, Marie Cortemiglia, Conettina Lionetti, Joseph, Thomas and Charlie De Caro.

He was born in Palermo, Italy on June 24, 1889, and past away on June 24, 1951.

On some of the documents we have, his name was also spelled, Dicar.

I know that Charlie and Joseph lived in California, and I'm pretty sure Thomas did too.

I've lost contact with my uncles and their families over the years.

Any time I call someone with the same last name, they don't want to talk.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
htbrown1953
Rookie
Rookie

Post by htbrown1953 »

Vincent,

I've e-mailed all of this information that you and the others have provided to that former co-worker of mine that is also a De Caro descendant.

I'll click on the P.M. button that says send a private message and then I can provide you with this guy's name and one of his e-mail accounts so you can try and contact him if you want.

Henry
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

Update us when you find more info !
htbrown1953
Rookie
Rookie

Post by htbrown1953 »

Vince,

I've gotten the rolls of microfilm from the local Mormon Family History Center and I copied the marriage certificate for Giuseppe De Cara and Teresa Panara.

Here's a link to that marriage certificate:
http://img18.imageshack.us/f/giuseppede ... iager.jpg/

The marriage certificate shows the parents of the groom were Giuseppe De Cara and Maria Forugia.

The marriage certificate shows the parents of the bride were Antonio Panara and Caterina Teta.

The other roll of microfilm that I got trying to look up the parents marriage records were in either Latin or Italian and I don't read or understand any language except for English.

It looks like the Latin or Italian microfilm roll has just got page numbers on it, I didn't see what looked like certificate numbers on any of the pages.

I don't know if this Giuseppe De Cara and Maria Forugia are your father's parents or not.

If I can figure out how to find the marriage information on this international roll of microfilm then I'll post a link to that image file for those records.
htbrown1953
Rookie
Rookie

Post by htbrown1953 »

After looking at the name of the mother of the groom some more I now think that her name was Maria Ferrugia and not Maria Forugia, as I had written earlier.
htbrown1953
Rookie
Rookie

Post by htbrown1953 »

Vince,

Here's a link to a picture of the father, grandfather, and uncle of my former co-worker that I thought might be a second cousin to you.

Link to picture:
http://img641.imageshack.us/f/popsgrandpauncle.jpg/

The people in this picture from left to right are:

Guido De Caro, father of my former co-worker;
Joseph De Caro, grandfather of my former co-worker and possibly the brother of your father Nick De Caro;
and finally his Uncle Joseph De Caro Jr. on the far right.

Look and see if any of these people look familiar to you or not.
htbrown1953
Rookie
Rookie

Post by htbrown1953 »

Vince,

Here's a link to a birth record for Audenzia Fiducia.

https://www.familysearch.org/s/recordDe ... u8TUc%253D

The parents names on this birth record match up with the parents names on the marriage record that I found for Joseph De Caro and Audentia Fiducia.

Here's the link to that marriage record.

A member of this message board, username: Liviomoreno, provided me with the correct reading of the Latin marriage record that I found for Joseph Di Caro and Audentia Fiducia.

Here's that information that Liviomoreno provided:

The 356 number in the index refers to the page number, not to the record number.

The record you are looking for is #1054 and can be found here;

https://www.familysearch.org/s/image/sh ... PRagg%253D

The marriage record will be located on the top left side of the page.

The marriage was celebrated on November 23, 1879.

Joseph De Caro was son of the deceased Vincentius (Vincenzo) and of the living Catharina Capizzo from Palermo.

Audentia Fiducia was daughter of Joseph (Giuseppe) and Josepha (Giuseppa) Corso from Sambuca(?).

Now I'll try and find a birth record for Joseph De Caro, parents Vincentius (Vincenzo) and Catharina Capizzo.

If I find anything then I'll post it here for you.

Henry
htbrown1953
Rookie
Rookie

Post by htbrown1953 »

Vince,

I found a death certificate for a Giuseppe De Caro that died in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois on March 20, 1916.

Here's a link to that death certificate:

https://www.familysearch.org/s/image/sh ... u8TUc%253D

The parents names are close but not exactly the same as the names on the marriage record for the parents of Joseph De Caro that I posted above here.

The father's name was listed as being Vincenzo De Caro and the mother's name was listed as being Maria Capezza.

The marriage records for Joseph De Caro and Audentia Fiducia stated that the parents of the groom were Vincentius (Vincenzo) De Caro and Catharina Capizzo.
htbrown1953
Rookie
Rookie

Post by htbrown1953 »

Vince,

I re-read your posts on page one and I see that your father had a sister named Marie Cortemiglia.

The informant listed on the death certificate for Giusppe De Caro was a Maria Cortamiglia.

Perhaps this is the same person that you said was your father's sister.

If so then this Giuseppe De Caro would be your grandfather and this would be his death certificate.

If this does turn out to be your grandfather then you'll have the names of your great grandparents and the date of birth and death for your grandfather.

Do you know if your Aunt Marie Cortemiglia lived in the Chicago area?

Henry