Followup to Jannetta / Scinocca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
du13ca

Followup to Jannetta / Scinocca

Post by du13ca »

Several jannettas emigrated from Boiano prior to the first world war. I'm looking for for Peitro iannetta born in the 1860s or 1870s. He had 10 children. The wife's name was Carmen Scinocca.
Any one can help?
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Followup to Jannetta / Scinocca

Post by nuccia »

Hi and Welcome.

We would all like to help you but you've given us very little to work with.

Can you provide any of the childrens names? Where in the US did the family settle?

Are you looking for American or Italian records?

Any little clues you can provide will help us give you the info you are looking for.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

here a ship's manifest of a Pietro( right spell) Iannetta from Boiano but born abt in 1885
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 2185070105
maybe it can interest to you... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
du13ca

Post by du13ca »

Pietro Iannetta was born in 1895 and emigrated to Canada(?) in 1912. I do not know whether this was direct to Canada or via the States. He became a natuuralized Canadian citizen in 1936. His father's name was Pietro (Boiano) and his mother's name was Carmen Scinocca
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

well, from your posting I don't read nothing abt canada...

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

but now I know..

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

du13ca

Sounds like you've already done some research so can you share with us what you already have and already know. This would save on duplicating efforts, and provide a more accurate search.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
eafarrell

Post by eafarrell »

My husband and I visited Boiano in 2003 searching for information about my grandparents. We were able to take pictures of some birth and marriage registrations out of handwritten ledgers that dated back into the early 1800's. No one in the Municipal Building where the records were kept spoke English and we spoke very, very little Italian, so we came away with only a little information. This is from the marriage records: Dec. 29, 1898 Marriage of Pasquale Romano aged 26 son of Vincenzo and Giuseppa Ritota, bride Annamaria Iannetta, aged 18 daughter of Antonio and Carmina Scinocca.

I've just started researching and am finding discrepancies in names, so I don't know if this is a relation. She did emigrate to the US in 1910 from Naples.

Eileen Farrell
eafarrell

Post by eafarrell »

My husband and I visited Boiano in 2003 searching for information about my grandparents. We were able to take pictures of some birth and marriage registrations out of handwritten ledgers that dated back into the early 1800's. No one in the Municipal Building where the records were kept spoke English and we spoke very, very little Italian, so we came away with only a little information. This is from the marriage records: Dec. 29, 1898 Marriage of Pasquale Romano aged 26 son of Vincenzo and Giuseppa Ritota, bride Annamaria Iannetta, aged 18 daughter of Antonio and Carmina Scinocca.

I've just started researching and am finding discrepancies in names, so I don't know if this is a relation. She did emigrate to the US in 1910 from Naples.

Eileen Farrell