Sanguinette

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
djprice

Sanguinette

Post by djprice »

I am researching the Italian side of the family for my father. His grandmother was Teresa Rose Sanguinette Ruby. The name Sanguinette was spelled many different ways over the years...Sanguanati, Sangeinette, Sanguinetti. If anyone can help me pinpoint where in Italy the family originated, it would be a help. I thought it might be in the area of Genoa but I am not sure.

Thank you.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Sanguinette

Post by wldspirit »

Have you tried locating ship manifest for your ancestors which could uncover the town of origin? Naturalization papers as well..........

wldspirit
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Hi!

Hope this helps some... If you really want more info, it would help if you could mention when she was married, her husbands name, her siblings, where she settled in the USA, year of birth etc. As you can see see there are a few names to choose... also, some women preferred to use their middle names as given names...

You may wish to search a ships record... please re-post if you need any help..

www.ellisisland.org

Sanguinete,Rosa Sestri Levante, Italy 1921 age 4
Sanguinetti,Teresa Sestri Lev., Italy 1919 age 28
Sanguinetti,Teresa Chiavari 1892 age 4
Sanguineti,Rosa Chiavari, Genova 1907 age 50
Sanguineti,Teresa Lestri Levante, Genova 1909 age 17
Sanguineti,Teresa San Francisco, Cal. 1912 age 21

mfjp
djprice

Post by djprice »

Thank you for the quick responses.

I have not been able to locate the ship and/or the passenger list that shows the family. From a census, I found that the family arrived in 1852 and settled in Missouri in 1860. They appear on an 1860 Census. I was hoping to be able to track the family from a port in Italy. The origin or locale of the family name might help. I thought they may have come in through the port at New Orleans but again I cannot find a record.

Teresa's name was Teresa Rose Sanguinette (as it is spelt now). She was born in Italy in 1852. Her mother's name was Rosa Canepa (I think). I do not know the exact name of her father other than Sanguinette.

Again, thank you for all your suggestions.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Spelling Sanguinetti turns up 138 communi,
Sangeinette 0 results,
Sanguanati 0 results.
http://www.gens.labo.net/it/cognomi/genera.html

wldspirit
jtorre

Post by jtorre »

Sanguinetti and Canepa are both common in the Province of Genoa, near Chiavari. Try doing a search in the Italian white pages to get an idea of the specific villages where the name still appears. Those would be a good place to start.

JTorre
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Though still looking, I did find this manifest.. but not 1860, but 1866... birth date is off by 4 years... will keep an eye out though...

Name:   Teresa Fu g b sanguineti

the "Fu g b..." could possibly mean " of the dead (fu) - Giovanni Battista Sanguineti"... her father, just guessing at the initials G B....

http://img18.exs.cx/img18/9631/sanguin9ew.jpg

Name:   Teresa Fu g b sanguineti
Arrival Date:   3 Jan 1866
Estimated Birth Year:   1848
Port of Departure:   Genoa, Italy
Destination:   United States of America
Place of Origin:   Italy
Ship Name:   Eden
Port of Arrival:   New York
Line:   49
Microfilm Roll:   260
List Number:   16

mfjp

Under what name did you find this 1860 Census? I would like to see it!