I just received the death record for Cecilia Calabrese d. 6 Dec 1853. Could someone clarify the name of the father please. I read Damiano for the father and Francesca Pagano for the mother.
http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... img302.jpg
I also received a letter from the comune responding to some other requests I had made. Can someone translate for me.
http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... letter.jpg
Thank you so much.
lilbees
Translation of letter and death record
Translation of letter and death record
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Re: Translation of letter and death record
Yes, I think you are correct on both names.
Re: Translation of letter and death record
As for the second, they are letting you know that they do not have death records for Antonio nor Maria Teresa and there are no birth or death records for Francesco.
They are also saying that there are no records for the years 1815-1820 but they do have just the indexes for the births during those years. There are many Rescignos but it is difficult to extract them because there are countless names (about 20 for each year). The Rescigno family line to which you belong is very extensive. Unfortunately, they can't accommodate your request.
They are also saying that there are no records for the years 1815-1820 but they do have just the indexes for the births during those years. There are many Rescignos but it is difficult to extract them because there are countless names (about 20 for each year). The Rescigno family line to which you belong is very extensive. Unfortunately, they can't accommodate your request.
Re: Translation of letter and death record
Sirena, thank you so much for the confirmation of the name on the death record.
I did learn something interesting from that record. The place of birth for Cecilia and her parents was Pagani. A name new to me. When looking it up I found it was a "suburb" of Nocera Inferiore.
The only question I have is what was the profession of Damiano? I read it as "pollidente". I have lost the website for occupations so am not sure what that is. Some type of political office holder?
Thanks for any assistance.
By the way, for anyone trying to learn about their family, don't give up. Writing for information for any of your family members can be one of the most important tools you can have. Eventually something will turn up. The forum experts can help in many ways and the suggestions they make will help you along the way in finding the information you may require but is not a substitute for your own research. Use of the suggested form letters and searching tools is a good start. From there you learn to modify these letters/requests in such a way to help find the correct information you require.
lilbees
I did learn something interesting from that record. The place of birth for Cecilia and her parents was Pagani. A name new to me. When looking it up I found it was a "suburb" of Nocera Inferiore.
The only question I have is what was the profession of Damiano? I read it as "pollidente". I have lost the website for occupations so am not sure what that is. Some type of political office holder?
Thanks for any assistance.
By the way, for anyone trying to learn about their family, don't give up. Writing for information for any of your family members can be one of the most important tools you can have. Eventually something will turn up. The forum experts can help in many ways and the suggestions they make will help you along the way in finding the information you may require but is not a substitute for your own research. Use of the suggested form letters and searching tools is a good start. From there you learn to modify these letters/requests in such a way to help find the correct information you require.
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Re: Translation of letter and death record
Hi lilbees 
Here is a link to occupations
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... cupati.htm
T.
The occupation is actually "possidente" which means property owner...The only question I have is what was the profession of Damiano? I read it as "pollidente". I have lost the website for occupations so am not sure what that is. Some type of political office holder?
Here is a link to occupations
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... cupati.htm
T.
Re: Translation of letter and death record
Hey T. Thank you so much. Have added to my favorites.
Barb
Barb
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa

