Land still belonging to my family Sora, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Tehmi77

Land still belonging to my family Sora, Italy

Post by Tehmi77 »

Hi, there I wondered if anyone can help me?

I am Tehmi Cirrone of the 'Cerrone' Family.

I am currently trying to piece together my family history and
I have been told by my auntie that our family may still have land unclaimed in Sora, Italy.

My Grt grandfather was Pasquale Cerrone, his father Emmidio Cerrone and mother Antonia Ricci. I was advised they had farm land in Sora, Italy.
Pasquale came over to live in the UK in the late 1800's and unfortunately both him and his wife died quite young, so stories of their lives in Italy and their parents are very few. However, one story was that one of Pasquale's son's got approached some 12-15 years ago, he was advised there was still land that belonged to the Cerrone family, and he had come to ask if it could be signed over to him. Our family refused to sign any documentation, but we were advised there were other relatives living in France, that would be approached to see if they would sign.

Our family still does not know to this day whether the land is still unclaimed, and if anyone could help clear this up, or advise a way to do so, any help would be very much appreciated.

Kindest regards

Tehmi
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Land still belonging to my family Sora, Italy

Post by JPMessina44 »

Tehmi -

This may be an interesting read for you....looks like if the land was not claimed, the first one to claim it could get it.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 13026.html

I assume, somebody has been paying property tax on it, so perhaps if you knew where the land was, you could review public records and see who owns the property now. Italian Gov't is definitely collecting property tax from somebody....

Keep in mind taxes are quite high in Italy and there is a pretty big chunk of "inheritance tax" also due....

I'd start with reviewing property tax records, and maybe look to contact their taxation or property ownership department within their government. Here's a list of departments:
http://www.worldwide-tax.com/italy/itagov.asp

Hope this helps.
Tehmi77

Re: Land still belonging to my family Sora, Italy

Post by Tehmi77 »

Thanks for your help, I will keep digging.