Photo of Little Boy from Patti

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite
Posts: 499
Joined: 09 Jan 2011, 23:58
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ

Photo of Little Boy from Patti

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

This photo is a relative from Patti, Sicily that I found in my mother's posessions. I would like to have the back of the photo transcribed so I maybe can figure out who this little boy is.

Front of Picture:

http://img13.imageshack.us/i/scan0066qv.jpg/

Back of Picture:

http://img209.imageshack.us/i/scan0067.jpg/

I thank you in advance for your help and time.

Sue Antista
Italianbella SA
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Photo of Little Boy from Patti

Post by Tessa78 »

Back of photo is dated March 19, 1952

And looks to read...

"Questa se la tiene per ricordo di suo nipotino Francuccio (sp?) Crifo"

"This is in memory of her/his grandson/nephew Francuccio (doesn't look like Francesco - but could be an affectionate version of it) Crifo."

T.
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Photo of Little Boy from Patti

Post by liviomoreno »

Tessa78 wrote: "Questa se la tiene per ricordo di suo nipotino Francuccio (sp?) Crifo"
You can keep this as a memory of your grandson/nephew Francuccio Crifò

Francuccio stands for little Franco
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Photo of Little Boy from Patti

Post by Tessa78 »

Francuccio stands for little Franco
That's what I thought... Thanks, Livio :-D

T.
User avatar
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite
Posts: 499
Joined: 09 Jan 2011, 23:58
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ

Re: Photo of Little Boy from Patti

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you very much.

Italianbella SA

Sue Antista
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Post Reply