death date of Celestino Squeri hospitalized Ellis Island..

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
crosa
Rookie
Rookie

death date of Celestino Squeri hospitalized Ellis Island..

Post by crosa »

Celestino Squeri age 7 was hospitalized on Ellis Island. arrival date 24 dec 1919 Guiseppe Verdi ship. Can not find him anywhere. His Grandmother Celeste Massa died but also can not find any record of their deaths. I don't know if Margurite Ponzini and Guiseppe Squeri were his parents. The grandmother celeste massa was born in bedonia.
pink67
Master
Master

Re: death date of Celestino Squeri hospitalized Ellis Islan

Post by pink67 »

Celestino Squeri died at Ellis Island on 1/6/1920, there is the annotation of his death on the "detained Alien" manifest:

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Celestino Squeri
Name: Celestino Squeri
Arrival Date: 24 Dec 1919
Birth Year: abt 1912
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Giuseppe Verdi
Search Ship Database: Search the Giuseppe Verdi in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database

image click here:
http://postimage.org/image/2yqsy8oqs/

While Ponzini Caterina, Fermo and Giovanna were admitted to the U.S. on 1/9/1920...

Hope this helps...

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

You can find the annotation of Celeste Massa's death on the first page of the 1919 arrival manifest:

page 1:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0021

Celeste Massa died in Hospital on 7 january 1920 her grandson celstino squeri died at hospital on 6 january 1920

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

crosa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crosa »

Hi, I haven't seen you for awhile. I am still at it slow but sure. Thank you, The passenger list I saw just gave a date, didn't say they died. The one you gave does. Thank you. I can never find a death date...all the death data comes up where you have to sign up for. I am a Ancestry member but I don't seem to get anywhere with it yet. I just wanted to get a death record to figure out whose child Celestino Squeir is. Ellis Island, I could'nt find anything past 1911 and they died in 1920. Oh well, I am close to tossing it. I just now saw the other links now. Thanks I'll try again. That's it no luck I quit. These free one are ridulous. I am going to change my name to angry rose today. Thank you though at least I know that they died.