Surname Lasso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
altaroma

Surname Lasso

Post by altaroma »

Hi

I was born in South America, Quito-Ecuador I moved to US when I was 15 so now I'm 21 years old. Four years ago I started being very curious and interested in the origin of my surname. The surname Lasso was brought to Ecuador from the spanish conquers but now after I investigated for a while I found that Lasso is a surname originary from Italy. The reason that Lasso surname appeared in Spain is because the Roman Imperium control part of Spain(Provincia di Hispania) for like 6 centuries is why the italian and spanish languages(latin languages) are very similar.

Lasso was originary of the region of Emilia Romagna. The cognome Lasso was traced to its source in Bolgna(Bononia) in Emilia where is it is the capital of the province of Bologna. New World include Pedro Lasso who settled in Indiana in 1852 ;Batista Lasso who settled in Indiana between 1879 and 1906.( I got this info from www.houseofnames.com )

CIAO

I'd like to confirm all this info and if somebody has extra info about the cognome Lasso I'll appreciate. I need all the info possible because I'll star a new website about the surname Lasso so you know all the info will be very useful. Thanks
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Surname Lasso

Post by wldspirit »

Hello altaroma,
I recieved your private message.....however I am not a name expert,
that would be the ever wise suanj....... :wink:

I can tell you that Lasso is present in the following regions:

Calabria - 13 persons

Lazio - 2 persons

Liguria - 1 person

Piemonte - 5 persons

as you can see......your name is very few.....

I did find 3 persons named Lasso from Quisto/Quito, Ecuador on Ellis Island site.....one was a diplomat!!!!!!!!

wldspirit
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

wldspirit wrote:Hello altaroma,
I recieved your private message.....however I am not a name expert,
that would be the ever wise suanj....... :wink:

I can tell you that Lasso is present in the following regions:

Calabria - 13 persons

Lazio - 2 persons

Liguria - 1 person

Piemonte - 5 persons

as you can see......your name is very few.....

I did find 3 persons named Lasso from Quisto/Quito, Ecuador on Ellis Island site.....one was a diplomat!!!!!!!!

wldspirit
hi wldspirit, altaroma also contact me in private message.. but I can say that sure in the past was diffused, and 7 Lasso italian people came in Argentina.
Lasso means in italian language "tired" but is an letterary and poetic shape of tired word... also means "period" of time.. but is probable that Lasso surname is an mistaken version of original LOSSO .. probable that LOSSO version surname was Spanish origin .. but no data currently about Lasso or Losso or De Lasso or De Losso...
famous is the musician: ORLANDO di LASSO ( living in XVI° century and real name was ROLAND De LASSUS) born in 1532 to MONS- Belgium and in Italy from 1540...
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
altaroma

Post by altaroma »

Thank you guys I really appreciate your help I like your info suanj I didn't know that Lasso means tired in italian but I knew that Lasso also means period of time for example "Un lasso di tempo". By the way I want to go Italy next year is why I am learning some italian I like the italian culture since I was a kid. So suanj in conclusion cognome Lasso is probably originary of what region of Italy?

Arrivederci
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

altaroma wrote:Thank you guys I really appreciate your help I like your info suanj I didn't know that Lasso means tired in italian but I knew that Lasso also means period of time for example "Un lasso di tempo". By the way I want to go Italy next year is why I am learning some italian I like the italian culture since I was a kid. So suanj in conclusion cognome Lasso is probably originary of what region of Italy?

Arrivederci
Lasso sure is "tired" in letterary italian language.. so are the lassismo(lassism) meaning the relax ( in bad sense) of common Moral..
In conclusion is not possible to know where originary, why need to demonstrate with documents(!) that
-or are an version of Losso more diffused
-or viceversa
in any case Losso especially to Veneto region, Lasso in Calabria region... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH