About The way of sending papers

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
LoveJesus22
Rookie
Rookie

About The way of sending papers

Post by LoveJesus22 »

Hi all..I would like to ask about the way of communication to send the papers of an applicant to Italy..I mean when the consolato send my papers to Italy For Citizenship....do they send in a plane with an italian officer or a FAX or Elsething ?...and therefore how long this process would take ? ( I mean from how many days to how many months)..Thanks.. :D 8)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: About The way of sending papers

Post by johnnyonthespot »

I doubt anyone can say for certain, but the assumption is that they go into the diplomatic bag ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomatic_bag ) to Rome along with other weekly traffic and from there they travel - by what means I do not know - to the specific comune.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
LoveJesus22
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoveJesus22 »

Thanks Carmine for Your answer...But if it seems like it go for the Diplomatic bag as u say...so it would take a long time for the recognition of the citizenship....as the bag must collect a lot of applicants documents...then every document must go to every applicant comune...then the documents must be registered then must be back again in another diplomatic bag to every applicant country where he resides....that means it would take a lot of time for the recognition...may be more than 3 months...??? And then when do we fill the AIRE ?? After the Recognition i mean ?
kontessa
Elite
Elite

Post by kontessa »

I thought that they went by 'diplomatic pouch' as well, but someone posted somewhere that they are now sent electronically - speeds things up considerably, unless you add in that it may take the consulate a few weeks to send them and a few weeks for the comune to transcribe them. :lol:
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

It does take time for registration, no matter how quickly the documents arrive.

The diplomatic pouch carries all sorts of documents between consulates and, in this case, Rome. It seems reasonable to me to assume that a pouch leaves at least weekly.

Nevertheless, we are talking about apples and oranges. Regarding the New York City consulate, for example, so far as they are concerned, the process is complete when they decide to send the documents for registration. The applicant is invited to immediately apply for his/her passport and AIRE registration is performed automatically by the consulate.

There are other consulates in the US however which require that the applicant wait until confirmation is received from the comune indicating the documents have been registered. Some consulates even require the applicant request a copy of his/her "Italian birth certificate" from the comune prior to granting AIRE registration and passport applications.

If I recall correctly, you are in Egypt; is that correct?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
LoveJesus22
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoveJesus22 »

Yes Carmine...And Thank You So much...I Understood Now..:D
For Any updates i will write now...Forza Azurri :D:D