birth act of g-g-grandmother

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

birth act of g-g-grandmother

Post by bkworm10 »

Hi,

Below is the birth act of my g-g-grandmother Carmela Gioscia.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6645 ... ab1863.jpg

This is what I have figured out so far (I think):

B. June 17, 1863 daughter of Felice Gioscia, son of Antonio (deceased). Felice is 40 and a bricklayer, living in Accettura. Isabella Divona, is his wife, age 40 and living in Accettura. Not sure about the rest.

Is there a street and what is on the right side of the column - a baptismal record?

Thanks A.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: birth act of g-g-grandmother

Post by Tessa78 »

bkworm10 wrote:Hi,

Below is the birth act of my g-g-grandmother Carmela Gioscia.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6645 ... ab1863.jpg

This is what I have figured out so far (I think):

B. June 17, 1863 daughter of Felice Gioscia, son of Antonio (deceased). Felice is 40 and a bricklayer, living in Accettura. Isabella Divona, is his wife, age 40 and living in Accettura. Not sure about the rest.

Is there a street and what is on the right side of the column - a baptismal record?

Thanks A.
Record is dated 21 June 1863, and the birth occurred on the 19th (not the 17th)
The child was born at the 16th hour (4 PM) at the house they inhabit (no street address given)
The rest is as you stated above - nice job!

The witnesses both lived on Strada Casanuove, no number, so there is a possibility that it may also be the address of the family of Carmela...

Right side is the notation that Carmela was baptized at the Parish of S. Nicola on the 21st.

T.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

Thank you Tess. I am starting to be able to figure out these records, especially if on a form. Sometimes the handwriting presents a problem, as I'm sure you know.

Is there any mention of another town, where perhaps the Gioscia's were from? I don't think they originated in Accettura, as they are the only specific family I have found there thus far.

Thanks Annette
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

bkworm10 wrote:Thank you Tess. I am starting to be able to figure out these records, especially if on a form. Sometimes the handwriting presents a problem, as I'm sure you know.

Is there any mention of another town, where perhaps the Gioscia's were from? I don't think they originated in Accettura, as they are the only specific family I have found there thus far.

Thanks Annette
No other town mentioned, sorry :-(

T.