Hello,
I tried attaching the manifest but the file was too large. It can be found on EllisIsland.org by searching for Salvatore Reitano. He arrived on May 22, 1904 on the S.S. Patria.
I've been staring at this manifest for about 30 minutes trying to figure out the final destination for Salvatore Reitano (line 6). It definitely looks like the state is California, but the town I can't figure out. My best guesses were Giron or Jiron (possibly Tiron) but nothing showed up when I searched for the town.
Any help would be appreciated.
Salvatore Reitano Manifest - Need Help in Destination Town
Re: Salvatore Reitano Manifest - Need Help in Destination To
Took a look at the manifest and it may be "Sisson" California...
On this site for Mt. Shasta is states:
T.
On this site for Mt. Shasta is states:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Shasta,_CaliforniaWith the arrival of the railroad, the town was given the name Sisson, California, after prominent land owner Justin Sisson. The name was changed to Mount Shasta City in 1924.
T.
Re: Salvatore Reitano Manifest - Need Help in Destination To
Looks like the brother-in-law to whom he is going could be named "Casio Melchiora"
Maybe!
T.
T.

