Need Help: Death, Burial, Naturalization Records (CAFARELLI)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Need Help: Death, Burial, Naturalization Records (CAFARELLI)

Post by lcafarel »

I have successfully found many family records online, but have hit a brick wall trying to locate death, burial, and naturalization records for my husband's ggrandfather, Vincent (Vincenzo) CAFARELLI. I wonder if anyone out there would be willing to search for me, hopefully with better luck.

Here's the information I have for Vincent:

-born in Ferrandina, Matera, Basilicata, in February 1855
-married Giulia Sarubbi in Accettura, Matera, around 1876
-immigrated to the U.S in 1879, returned to Italy several times, and brought the rest of the family over in June 1893
-was naturalized in 1895 according to U.S. Census records
-after living in New York City for a few years, settled in West New York, Hudson County, New Jersey
-worked as a mason
-last appears on the 1920 census dated January 17, 1920

I am about to order Grazia's death record from NJ because I narrowed her death to a few years, but I'd like to at least narrow down the date for Vincent's so a vital records order wouldn't cost as much.

Also, I have not found a 1930 census record with Grace or Vincent, but I know that she lived at least till 1936.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
princessbubbles_1
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Need Help: Death, Burial, Naturalization Records (CAFARE

Post by princessbubbles_1 »

Hello and Welcome,
Have you tried searching the family search site it list many vincenzo CAFARELLI's too many for me to narrow it may be worth a look if you already havent. Here is the link hope it helps.
https://www.familysearch.org/

https://www.familysearch.org/search/sea ... entYearTo=
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Need Help: Death, Burial, Naturalization Records (CAFARE

Post by lcafarel »

Hi. I did check that site, but I will go back and check again. I searched on Ancestry.com, obituary lists, NewspaperArchives.com, New Jersey cemetery listings and tombstone transcriptions, but no luck on any of them. I tried all sorts of variations for the name on Ancestry, figuring there might be a transcription error, too.