Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Posts: 1372 Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT
Post
by oilman19 » 18 Mar 2011, 20:47
Would someone please help me decipher Pasquale's wife's name.
I get
Nespoli for the surname but the given name has me stumped.
I wish this official would retire early. His handwriting is giving me fits.
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello , Tamburrino , Mattora /Martora /Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Posts: 18381 Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09
Post
by Tessa78 » 18 Mar 2011, 20:52
Looks like Cecilia to me
T.
oilman19
Master
Posts: 1372 Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT
Post
by oilman19 » 18 Mar 2011, 20:53
Now I see it. I couldn't see it before.
Thank you T.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello , Tamburrino , Mattora /Martora /Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Posts: 1372 Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT
Post
by oilman19 » 18 Mar 2011, 21:02
I think I just created a controversy.
I just found Pasquale's birth act. The surname of his spouse looks nothing like the name on his death act.
Any thoughts?
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello , Tamburrino , Mattora /Martora /Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Posts: 18381 Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09
Post
by Tessa78 » 18 Mar 2011, 21:10
Spouse looks like Cecilia Migliozzi
Think the one on the death record is just poor handwriting and it is the same name?
T.
oilman19
Master
Posts: 1372 Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT
Post
by oilman19 » 18 Mar 2011, 21:14
I couldn't stretch my imagination to make Migliozzi out of the name on the death act.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello , Tamburrino , Mattora /Martora /Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Posts: 18381 Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09
Post
by Tessa78 » 18 Mar 2011, 21:17
oilman19 wrote: I couldn't stretch my imagination to make Migliozzi out of the name on the death act.
Then I guess you'll just have to find the marriage record in 1896...
T.
oilman19
Master
Posts: 1372 Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT
Post
by oilman19 » 18 Mar 2011, 21:20
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello , Tamburrino , Mattora /Martora /Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Posts: 1372 Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT
Post
by oilman19 » 18 Mar 2011, 21:21
It was on Ancestry.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello , Tamburrino , Mattora /Martora /Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Posts: 1372 Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT
Post
by oilman19 » 18 Mar 2011, 21:22
You don't think he married another Cecilia, do you?
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello , Tamburrino , Mattora /Martora /Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Posts: 18381 Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09
Post
by Tessa78 » 18 Mar 2011, 21:26
Probably not...
The handwriting on the death record is really bad. Even looking at words like "citta" you could misread if you didn't have the context of the words surrounding it.
My money is on a VERY SLOPPY spelling of Migliozzi...
T.
EVEN "Angiello" looks like Angselto on the DR.
oilman19
Master
Posts: 1372 Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT
Post
by oilman19 » 18 Mar 2011, 21:33
As I mentioned, his handwriting does drive me crazy.
Thank you for your insight. It was very helpful.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello , Tamburrino , Mattora /Martora /Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Posts: 18381 Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09
Post
by Tessa78 » 18 Mar 2011, 21:35
Always happy to help
Both Nespoli and Migliozzi are found in SMCV today
You don't think he married another Cecilia, do you?
And that's
ALWAYS a possibility ...
T.