passport

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
leasham23

passport

Post by leasham23 »

hi,
i just found the number of my nan's passport is their anyway i can order it? silly question but jsut wondering
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: passport

Post by johnnyonthespot »

US passport or Italian?

Approximately what year was it issued? If Italian, in what province/comune was it issued?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
leasham23

Post by leasham23 »

i would say italian, my nan came to australia and she came here in 1948 so im not sure when it was issued :S
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

If you haven't done so already, visit the Australia National Archives at http://naa12.naa.gov.au/NameSearch/Inte ... hForm.aspx and try searching for your nan's immigration records.

Let me know how you make out - or, if easier, let me know her full name and birth year (you can PM me if you don't want to post in the forum) and I will take a look myself.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
leasham23

Post by leasham23 »

thank u thats how i found my nan's passport number. i jus wanted the passport i thought it would of been cool if you can order the passport.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

leasham23 wrote:thank u thats how i found my nan's passport number. i jus wanted the passport i thought it would of been cool if you can order the passport.
I am not certain that you can. At the very least, you would need her date and place of birth and then you could contact the provincial archives in Italy.
Carmine