Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I received 3 birth records for some of my great grandfather's siblings from Montecalvo. I do know that one of them might be difficult to read due to it being very dark. Please translate these three if possible. Thank you!
In the year 1878 month of April day 22 before Antonio Borrenti civil official appeared Nicola Fierro age 40 farmhand and Anna Maria La Vigna farmer living in a house on strada Sant'Antonio presented a female baby named Maria Antonia Fierro born on April 21
Marty
Nicolamaria Fierro, 25 (that is the age written in the document ) peasant farmer, son of Giuseppe, appeared at the town hall on 10 December 1871 to present a male child born to his wife Anna Maria LaVigna, daughter of deceased Felice. They named the child Domenico.
But here is what I see:
Maria Libera Fierro, presented by her father Nicolamaria Fierro on 31 August 1875.
She was born to Anna Maria LaVigna, wife of Nicolamaria, on 31 August.
Nicolamaria Fierro's age looks like it reads 43, but I can't be sure.
Notation on the left is dated 20 September 1875... but I can't read it.
adelfio wrote:In the year 1878 month of April day 22 before Antonio Borrenti civil official appeared Nicola Fierro age 40 farmhand and Anna Maria La Vigna farmer living in a house on strada Sant'Antonio presented a female baby named Maria Antonia Fierro born on April 21
Marty
Notation on left states that Maria Antonia contracted marriage with Domenico Guarino (sp?) on XX September 1919.
Thank you both! T, I can't believe you were able to make out anything on that dark record..you're awesome!
I've noticed in many of the families in my tree that many children passed young and they went on to have another child of the same sex and give that child the same first name of their deceased child. I'm thinking that may be the notation on Maria Libera's birth reocrd so I will ask the man that has copies of these records to check the death records for me.
Also, a nice aside to note, in high school (over 20 yrs ago!) I had a Spanish teacher named Domenic Guarino that told me his Guarino's were related to my Fierro's. Seems with Maria Antonia's marriage to Domenico Guarino that's the connection. he said we were cousins and beings that it appears his grandfather married my great-grandfather's sister that is correct I love finding things like that when they turn out to be true!
Thanks again to both of you!
Investigative and genealogical research pertaining to adopted ancestors or those ancestors born outside marriage presents particular challenges. While each case is unique, certain generalities can be considered based upon the nature of social conditions, as well as available records. For the most pa...