Help reading this Surname Please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Lili2
Rookie
Rookie

Help reading this Surname Please

Post by Lili2 »

Hi, I really need help reading the surname of the bride's mother please. I apologise for the fact that the photo is somewhat blurry, its the best I could do with the ancient reader we have at my local LDS library.
This is my 2nd great grandparents Marriage record from Bordonaro Sicilia dated 21 Feb 1846. I can read all of the details on this record except for Maria Guerrera's mother's surname. It looks like Santa Da Saliri ??? but I havn't seen a name like this in this town so far. The closest is De Salvo.
The following are 4 photos of the same record including 2 close ups of the surname. I apologise that its not a clear photo.

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg49 ... ra%201846/

Suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance, Lili
My family are from Sicily: Fiumefreddo, Ficarra, Giampilieri, Cumia, Messina and Carmela Zagami,Argentina.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Help reading this Surname Please

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Wow, difficult to get a read on that!

You might try this very useful search engine and see what you can turn up. Try "da s" and "Begins with" for example to get an idea how it works. http://sicilia.indettaglio.it/eng/cogno ... otore.html
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Looks like "Santa Orsolini" to me :-D

T.
Lili2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lili2 »

Thanks for your suggestions and I hope to try the website too that looks interesting. Sorry the photo is blurry, doesnt help. L
My family are from Sicily: Fiumefreddo, Ficarra, Giampilieri, Cumia, Messina and Carmela Zagami,Argentina.
Lili2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lili2 »

I now have read several other records with this name and it seems an error was made on this record. The surname is now appearing as "Lascari". Very different to the first record I read! I guess it just goes to show how important it is to cross check with other records.