Where did you get your EU passport photos from?

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Where did you get your EU passport photos from?

Post by JPMessina44 »

I've heard that the Newark Consulate has a machine but sometimes doesn't work, so i'd rather be prepared and bring my own with me. Where did everybody else get theirs done? Standard US Photos are 2X2 but it seems like EU is 3.5X4.5?

Any recommendations I would greatly appreciate it!!
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Where did you get your EU passport photos from?

Post by JPMessina44 »

Meant 3.5 X 4.5 cm (not inch)!
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

My wife used www.epassportphoto.com for hers. We took her picture and uploaded at this website. Ireland uses the same size as Italy. Jerry
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Both my wife and I brought regular 2" x 2" passport photos (mine from AAA, hers from RiteAid drugstore) and the consulate clerk simply trimmed them with a pair of scissors.

Your mileage may vary. :)
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
corrado
Elite
Elite

Post by corrado »

In Chicago they take your picture with a digital camera I belive, I could be wrong I havn't applied for a passport yet. How could their camera be broken? Cameras are not expensive that is just to cheap, this isn't the ivory coast!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

corrado wrote:... How could their camera be broken? Cameras are not expensive that is just to cheap, this isn't the ivory coast!
The NYC consulate has a photo booth in their waiting room; looks similar to something you might have seen at a carnival as a kid or possibly in the center of a shopping mall corridor. Not one of the modern ones; something a little more 1990'ish. It has been known to break down.

You raise a good point however - I would not be surprised to learn that more consulates are switching to digital photos just as they are now using digital fingerprint scanners.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)