Look-up in Ancestry.com

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tula

Look-up in Ancestry.com

Post by tula »

Is there anyone who will do a look-up and posting for me from Ancestry.com International in the records from Brindisi di Montagna, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy. I'm looking for a marriage record of Rocco Padula and Catherina Buonomo or Banono about 1870 and a birth record on Michele Padula 12 Feb 1875. Thank you so much
looking for the names from Cosenza:Sturino. Ruffolo, Dattilo, Perri, Gentile,Crispino, Savaglio,Marino, Alfano, Molinaro, Bilotto and Bartella. And Padula,Buonomo,Bellizi from Brindisi.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Look-up in Ancestry.com

Post by Tessa78 »

Marriage Act #3 - dated 18 February 1871

Rocco Padula and Caterina Bonomo (both age 29)

bottom left to top right
click once to enlarge and again to magnify

No birth record for a Michele Padula in 1875 - BUT there is a birth record for Raffaele Padula dated 31 October and born on 28 October 1875 - with parents Rocco Padula and Caterina Bonomo :-)

Top left

T.
tula

Post by tula »

Thank you so much for looking this up, Tessa.

It's interesting, Raffaele has no records in America, possible died young. Can you tell if there are names of parents mentioned and if they were alive or deceased at the time of marriage?
looking for the names from Cosenza:Sturino. Ruffolo, Dattilo, Perri, Gentile,Crispino, Savaglio,Marino, Alfano, Molinaro, Bilotto and Bartella. And Padula,Buonomo,Bellizi from Brindisi.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Rocco Padula age 29 and Caterina Bonomo age 29

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

tula wrote:Thank you so much for looking this up, Tessa.

It's interesting, Raffaele has no records in America, possible died young. Can you tell if there are names of parents mentioned and if they were alive or deceased at the time of marriage?
Marriage act

Rocco was 23 years and 10 months old. His occupation looks like "Mietitore" which is a reaper. He was son of Michele, peasant farmer, and the deceased Maria ??? (can't read the last name.)

Caterina was 23 years and 11 months old, and a peasant farmer. She was the daughter of Vincenzo, peasant farmer, and Angela Ba??? (also hard to read)

Since Rocco's father's name was Michele, it would make sense that the first-born son would be named Michele in the Italian tradition. Maybe Michele was born before 1875?

T.
tula

Post by tula »

Thank you so much for your efforts. I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Your are right, I rechecked Michele's BD and it is 12 Feb 1874 (somewhere along the line I transcribed it incorrectly to my family group page.}

Would Caterina's mother last name be Bellezze or Bellizzi?

Am I looking at it right, could part of Marie's name be ?assen??a?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Looking at it possible
Caterina's mother Angela Bellezza and Marie Passarella

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I would agree... they are a good bet. Both names are found in the region...

T.
tula

Post by tula »

Thank you all very much.