Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Is someone able to take a look at the two files below that are part of one birth record for Andrea DiPersio and tranlate them for me? The Part 2 has a notation on the right hand side I believe about marriage??? Thank you!
On September 24th, 1887, at 4:10 p.m., in the Town House of Rosciano. In front of me, Giuseppe Mascioli (This should be right!), etc etc...appeared Pantaleone Di Persio of the late Camillo, 28 years old, land-owner, living in Villa Oliveti, who declared that at 4:30 p.m. of day 23, in the house sistuated in Villa Oliveti no.52, Rita Torello of the late Carmine Antonio, 28 years, his wife residing with him, gave birth to a male child, that he shows me and to whom he gives name Andrea.
Mattia Di Bartolomeo, 60 years old, peasant, and Giuseppe D'Andrea, 70 years old, peasant, both residing in this Commune, were witnesses of what above.
After I read the present act to the people standing, they could not sign it with me and the declarer, as they are illiterate.
The annotation is about his marriage, but I have difficulties in reading it. It seems to me that the marriage took place in Rosciano.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Ever since I was a little boy, my dad would show me my great grandfather's card, and tell me that he was a count in Italy. I was always intrigued by that, but never really thought about asking my grandmother questions, or anyone else for that matter. About ten years ago, as more and more information...