Mail on Board

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
amerital43
Rookie
Rookie

Mail on Board

Post by amerital43 »

Can anyone explain how this board's mail function works?? I was trying to message another board member and it got stuck in my outbox. All week I was looking for a reply before I realized it never WENT. So I just tried again and now I have 2 messages stuck! Advice, anyone?
P.S. I'm posting in this forum because it's the Most Popular, and could be seen by someone. Thanks all!
Harleygrrl
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Mail on Board

Post by Harleygrrl »

Sorry, no idea. I'm new here but I checked and my PMs are showing in the Sent Messages; they did not get stuck in my Outbox. You might want to email the Administrator.
amerital43
Rookie
Rookie

Post by amerital43 »

Thanks. I might have to.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Mail stays in the Outbox folder until the receiver "picks it up" by viewing it. After that, the mail will show in your Sent folder.

Couple of things:

a) not everyone notices when the small message at the top of the screen says they have waiting messages

b) some users turn off the preferences function which alerts them via email when a new PM is waiting
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
amerital43
Rookie
Rookie

Post by amerital43 »

Thanks SOOOO MUCH Carmine for explaining how the mail functions. I don't agree with it, because that means waiting X amount of time until the person comes back to this website. Do you know if they get a notification? On never mind you answered that in b). So basically I've posted to them and that's it until....

Now, is there anyway to delete a message? Because I didn't know how it functioned, I posted the same thing 2X. I'd like to delete one.
It's seems much easier, however non-connected, to actually post into a forum.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

amerital43 wrote:Now, is there anyway to delete a message? Because I didn't know how it functioned, I posted the same thing 2X. I'd like to delete one.
It's seems much easier, however non-connected, to actually post into a forum.
Look for a checkboxes at the right side of the Outbox folder message list. Click to put a check there, then at the bottom of the list use the dropdown choice to select "Delete all marked messages" (or something like that) and then click the Go button.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
amerital43
Rookie
Rookie

Post by amerital43 »

It helps to drop down menus--lol! Totally missed it. Thanks again. Your assistance was priceless. Now I'm settled and in a holding pattern until the message is picked up.