Translate birth record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
nckarter

Translate birth record

Post by nckarter »

I wrote for Donato Caprio's birth record in Taurasi, Avellino and received it back but I can't read it since I don't read Italian. We know he was born in 1876 and his father was Vitoantonio Caprio but we don't know who is mother was or his month and day of birth. I tried to upload it here in this posting but it said the board was full so I uploaded it to an offsite factility to view. Any help would be appreciated. Norma

http://www.mediafire.com/file/l37ichy75lul2g3
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translate birth record

Post by Tessa78 »

Glad you got a positive response from the comune :-D

Birth record
On 14 January 1876 at 10:20 AM at the town hall of Taurasi, before the official, appeared Vitantonio Caprio, 26, shoemaker, residing in Taurasi, to declare that at 8:30 PM on the 13th of the current month at the house on Strada del Municipio #6, to Maria Giovanna Rizzo, his wife, housewife living with him, was born a male child who he presented to the official and to whom was given the name Donato.
Witnesses to this declaration were Pasqualantonio diPesa(sp?), 32, tailor; and Francesco Tranfaglio (sp?), 33, land surveyor.

T.
nckarter

Re: Translate birth record

Post by nckarter »

Thank you very much.