Philly wait over a year

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
skylab

Philly wait over a year

Post by skylab »

My appointment is set for January 2013 in Philadelphia!!! That's insane. Are there really no other options for me to make this go through faster? I'm a resident of PA.

I've also been forced to pay $25 to even make the appointment to IPS. The guy at IPS wasn't really nice at all either.

He also had to follow up with me to even make sure the following was possible.... According to him, rules are changing that females can not pass this down. I quality through my grandmother from my mom. He said I qualified but that rules were changing and that it's not even listed that mother to grandmother isn't even listed as one of the 5 scenarios.
aulus
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Philly wait over a year

Post by aulus »

What rules exactly are changing?

The scenario you described, GM -> M -> You, is fine according to the current rules as long as your mother was born after 1948. Are you saying the rules are changing that women could pass on citizenship to children born before 1948?
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Re: Philly wait over a year

Post by sceaminmonkey »

What did he say about the rules changing? And can you give more details in your line? Females can only pass it to their offspring if they were born after 1948 . Ex. My mother born 1954 got it from her mother who came from Italy in the 20s