Order Census from Nara or direct from Census ? See Pic

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Mike Mo

Order Census from Nara or direct from Census ? See Pic

Post by Mike Mo »

I ordered a census report for my ancestor who lived in NY and PA using Nara. It was so fast and easy. But now I see I can order direct from the Census. What is the difference? Here is a picture of the application direct from the Census ? Is direct from the Census better than Nara ? This Census application is a lot more complicated than Nara's online order form. Thanks
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Order Census from Nara or direct from Census ? See Pic

Post by johnnyonthespot »

As you probably know, the most recent US census released to the public is from 1930. Next year - 72 years after the fact - the 1940 census will be released, the 1950 census will be released in 2022, and so on.

Under certain conditions, the census bureau will perform a search of currently unreleased census data and provide a certified extract. The forms you pictured are for requesting that service.

The copy you ordered from NARA will be sufficient, and much less expensive, too!
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Mike Mo

Re: Order Census from Nara or direct from Census ? See Pic

Post by Mike Mo »

Thanks Carmine.

I'm shocked with everything you know