Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Unfortunately the civil records don't go to that year.
However, if time permits, I may try to find it when I visit S.M. in 7 weeks. I will only be there for a short day. I am getting anxious.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
I sure hope to. I have already had a set back.
We will be on a Med cruise and a 12-hour stop was scheduled for Naples. I made arrangements for the relatively short trip to S.M. for my visit.
The cruise Co. has since notified us that we will now be docking in Salerno. This has tacked on about 2 hours of land travel and reduced the time to be spent in S.M.
However, I still expect it to be an exciting visit, just shorter.
Thank you, T.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
The dialects of modern Italian all have their roots in the spoken form of Latin (Vulgar Latin), in use throughout the Roman Empire. Vulgar Latin had, no doubt, its own local peculiarities before the fall of the Empire. The political instability that followed Roman rule kept Italy from re-uniting as ...