Translation Req - Antonio Castiello Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Translation Req - Antonio Castiello Birth Record

Post by TriciaFierro »

I'll try some of my own translating again and you guys can tell me how right, wrong or void of info I am! :D

***Note - I copied only 4 records at my FHC today and each one was set to the LIGHTEST setting on the reader/printer and each consecutive one came out darker than the last so these may be difficult to read and I apologize but couldn't make them any lighter :(

Birth Record of Antonio Castiello born on 24 Sep 1851
To Father Matteo Castiello, 27, laborer, residing ??? and not sure what it states after where he is residing
And Mother Margerita Verdino, 25, Not sure what it states after her age
Again, I believe the center annotation is the marriage of Antonio and Concetta D'Elia on 29 Dec 1878 but don't know if it states anything else about the marriage.

And I can't make out the bottom or side, but again, possibly the baptism? :?
Thank you!

http://postimage.org/image/1lw2ktqdg/
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translation Req - Antonio Castiello Birth Record

Post by Tessa78 »

TriciaFierro wrote:I'll try some of my own translating again and you guys can tell me how right, wrong or void of info I am! :D

***Note - I copied only 4 records at my FHC today and each one was set to the LIGHTEST setting on the reader/printer and each consecutive one came out darker than the last so these may be difficult to read and I apologize but couldn't make them any lighter :(

Birth Record of Antonio Castiello born on 23 Sep 1851 at 6 PM The record is dated the 24th, but you'll see the birth date down near Antonio's name
To Father Matteo Castiello, 27, laborer, residing ??? and not sure what it states after where he is residing residing at Strada ? (could be something close to Fruggito?)
And Mother Margerita Verdino, 25, Not sure what it states after her age (his legitimate wife living with the declarant)
Again, I believe the center annotation is the marriage of Antonio and Concetta D'Elia on 29 Dec 1878 but don't know if it states anything else about the marriage. Marriage took place in Contecalvo, and Concetta was born there in 1851.

And I can't make out the bottom or side, but again, possibly the baptism? :?

Bottom begins with the date and time of Antonio's birth. Then identifies the witnesses to the recording of the act. Felice D'Agostino, 45, ?, residing Strada Piazza; and Francesco Sorrentino, 72, shepherd, residing Strada Costa.

Right side, baptized in Parish of San Nicola on the 24th.

Thank you!

http://postimage.org/image/1lw2ktqdg/
:D
T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

The town above for the marriage is Montecalvo, not Contecalvo... :oops:

T.
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

Thanks, T! And the town is the one thing I did know the name of for sure..lol! But only beccause both of my grandfather's parents and all their ancestors back to the 1700's so far have been from Montecalvo :)
Have a great weekend!
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti