VERY POOR IMAGES

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rancelli
Elite
Elite

VERY POOR IMAGES

Post by rancelli »

Please help me with dates. Both are for Francesco Buccella. Looks like there may have been two. I'm sure the older of the two probably died at an early age. The first one I think is for the month of December in 1871. Can you make out the day Francesco was born?

http://postimage.org/image/1dzki6vpg/

Second half

http://postimage.org/image/2ae57f2p0/
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: VERY POOR IMAGES

Post by Tessa78 »

The dayof record on the first image looks like 28 December 1871
Father is Domenicantonio of deceased Gennaro, 44, farmer
Mother is Egidia _____, his wife
Child was BORN "ieri" on the 27th at 2 PM (hour 14)

Second image...
Francesco born on 8 February 1865 at hour 18 (6 PM) and presented at hour 22.
F: Domenicantonio, 39, farmer
M: Egidia d'Alberto(?)

T.
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

thanks tessa...are birth records on the death certificates in the USA sometimes a little off? i have december 17, 1871 in my records. lol i know it's only 10 days off and i shouldn't make a big deal of it, but i just want to make sure that i'm researching the right people.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

rancelli wrote:thanks tessa...are birth records on the death certificates in the USA sometimes a little off? i have december 17, 1871 in my records. lol i know it's only 10 days off and i shouldn't make a big deal of it, but i just want to make sure that i'm researching the right people.
Yes, death records in the USA can be very inaccurate. Often the person providing the information does not really know the exact dates or names.
If the month and year are correct for you, it's a good bet you have the right person... but you will need other information to confirm. I just did a search for someone whose WWII record had a birth of 1877, and it turned out to be 1887 :?

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Out of the italian records the death records are most inacurate Birth are the best marriage then death. Couple of Contadino's in the neighborhood witnesses the death. Wifes dead, parents dead, couple bottles of vino.
Oh yeah Giovanni he was I thinka he was abouta quaranta naw he was cinquanta years old.

LOL Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty