Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
We now seem to have confirmation that my GM was "taken in" by the Carnevale family, and not officially adopted by them. It is also interesting that the letter says that my GM was could claim compensation for work done Angelo's house...I wonder if compensation to children "taken in" is included in the Italian Civil Code of 1865?
About this matter I just want to specify that when Giovanni writes about a compensation for work done in Angelo's house, he probably means that, as Luisella was not a legitimate daughter, and as she had done all the work needed in a house (as women did at that time), she could claim to be paid as a maid.
I also have one more question: if Luisella was not adopted, how could she wear Carnevale surname?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Thank you, Ann! Italian Land Finder is where I found mention of the centralized db. I'm interested in finding out the address of the little house on Vico Bianco and seeing if the house still exists or was removed. I'll contact the people at that site and see what they suggest. Thanks again.
Nowadays, very few Italian actors are able to emerge on the world cinema scene. Until a few decades ago it was different, but we talk about the age of the young Cinecittà, where it was not unusual to meet world-famous directors who set their stories which became known all over the world in those stu...