Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I was hoping someone who can read latin would help me to understand the location on this church death record?
Ignatius Lentini Beneficialis Ecclesiarum Santa Maria de Furiano et Santo Giacomo existium prope Mare Caroniae in Terra Sanctorum Fratruum. Urbis Panormi.
I, priest Dominun Ignazio Lentini, incumbent of the churches of St. Mary of Furiano and of St. James located close the sea of Caronia in the Land of the Saint Brothers, now called (the Land) of Divine Brother, and also (incumbent) of (the church of) S. Lucy in the Cemetery of the venerable St. Spirit Great Hospital of this Happy and very Faithful City of Palermo; Senior Chaplain of this same venerable Hospital and Rector of its church,
(I) bear witness and testify to all those who will inquire that in one of the books of this same venerable Hospital in which are registered fisrt-names and surnames of the Dead I found an annotation of the following tenor, i.e.: Giovanni Sciorrino ... age 53 years circa, fortified by Extreme Unction, died on November 15th 1795 and was buried in the graveyard (literally “in holy landâ€Â
Thank you so much. Do you have any idea which church I would look in for the record... it even is saying a cemetery... looks like I have a lot of options...
Giovanni Caboto, son of Giulio, was born in Gaeta, Italy, around 1451 AD. After the Aragonese defeated the Angevins in 1461, his family took refuge in Venice where the young Giovanni grew up, got married to Mattea about 1870 and had three children: Ludovico, Sebastiano, and Sancto. His dream was to ...