Question and help with birth cert. 1826

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Congemi
Rookie
Rookie

Question and help with birth cert. 1826

Post by Congemi »

Would be interested in an opinion; I have two birth certificates for men who were both given the 1st given name of Giovanni. One born in 1827 the other 1829 with parents of the same name, living in the same village. Does anyone think it possible that they are brothers. I have found in some of my research, where full names were provided, that the person elected to use a midddle name. Finding death registry for their parents may solve the problem if their father's names are provided.

Help: It would be most helpful if someone would translate the name of the village in which the parents resided and the church where Vincenza was baptised.

As always help is greatly appreciated.
Tana

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64 ... e1826.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69 ... erie2.jpg/
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Question and help with birth cert. 1826

Post by Italysearcher »

Two sons with the same name born a couple of years apart with the same parents usually means the first one died.
Vincenza was baptized in Santa Maria del Soccorso.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Do you have the right records posted the one says ventisei they both look like the year is 1826/ Feb.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Congemi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Congemi »

Dear Italysearcher and adelfio,

Sorry for the delay in responding but my daughter and 3 grandchildren are living with us at the present time. Which means my time belongs to others most of the time. If not involved directly my mind is often focused on them. I am “Nonna”

As for the birth certificate I posted it because the handwriting was clearer than the others. Though I must say the two of you seem to have no trouble in reading old documents.

It is probably correct that Salvadore & Ninfa had had two sons by the name of Giovanni with one dieing young . That was true of my great grandfather who married Ninfa Pillitierie, the daughter of Giovanni who I am trying to document. I will order the death registry for that time period.

If one of you would be so kind as to translate what it says following “domiciliati” I would be grateful.
Tana
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Looks like 'domiciliata nella Contrada defunto Sindaco' (street of the deceased Mayor).
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Congemi wrote:Dear Italysearcher and adelfio,

If one of you would be so kind as to translate what it says following “domiciliati” I would be grateful.
Tana
"domiciliati nella Contrada Santo Isidoro" = Living in the Santo Isidoro district
Congemi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Congemi »

Grazia Italysearcher & adelfio
Tana
Congemi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Congemi »