Hi T.
I am in a quandary. When I ordered these films from the FHC catalog, they were indicated on the list as "matrimoni". I failed to note upon arrival that they were not "atti di matrimonio". I had become accustomed to minor changes to forms during this period and ignored the fact that these were only
promises to marry, not the actual marriage document. While they obviously have valuable info for my use, I had been treating them as official marriage documents that the ceremony would have produced.
I am hoping that, worst case, I am off by a few weeks with the marriage date, but the ceremony hopefully did take place.
However, I am upset and embarrassed by this experience.
My problem is that I don't read much of the Italian language. I have successfully been able to cherry pick the info I sense that I need from the documents, such as names, dates, and locations. While this works in most cases, you can see the trouble that I have gotten myself into.
So, I guess I will have to try to order the correct films and repair whatever I can. I have my work cut out for me.
Thank you for your help.