Pronunciation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie

Pronunciation

Post by gamadaha »

How do you pronounce "Venditti"? is it just as it sounds? Thanks :)
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Pronunciation

Post by adelfio »

Sounds like this Ven-D-T

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gamadaha »

Great! Thanks! Glad to know we are now pronouncing the original spelling correctly, being that the family has changed the spelling so many times! I appreciate your response. I may need you, since I realize your are in Chicago? If that is correct, let me know. I cannot find my own fathers birth record from Cook County, 1912.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Whats the first name and dates Cook County has alot of bad spelling in there records. Be glad to give a search for you

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gamadaha »

Marty, let me get back to you with all the different spellings over the years if necessary, but first, is there any possible way to search with a social security number? I have that. If not I will compose a list of all the diff spellings. Although I believe at the time of my Dads birth, the last name was actually kept as Venditti. Basically, My Dad (to me) always went by Alfred Amerigo Van Dittie, However, Stories be told....his birth name was Amerigo Alfred Venditti, Feb 5, 1912. Father Loreto Venditti, Mother Antonetta Venditti. ALL of their names have been listed with so many variations it is mind boggling. Just let me know if an SS# can be used and that just may simplify everything. My Grandfather Loreto arrived on the Manuel Calvo in 1907, but My grandmother Antonetta (Anntoinetta) came later, in 1911 on the SS Berlin after my GPa found work, and Gma had a sick child, after my GPa Loreto found work at a place called HP Mills at 401 N Lincoln Street, and Gpa Loretos residence address was 517 N Morgan St, Chicago. So all points to Cook County, and no other. I read somewhere prior to 1916 Cook county did not demand these notices of birth etc be filed, however, the other "counties" would have had to keep records. Funny, I have my Grandfathers (and others) Birth Certificate from Italy but cannot obtain my own Fathers! Do you read Italian? If so, I may have you confirm some spellings and names on those certificates, as I was unable to obtain anything from names given to me prior. Thanks so much. If any monetary funds are needed, please just let me know, because if you find one, that would be the first for our family! Oh, I have sibling names too if needed. Your the best, Thanks for all you do.
With Great Appreciation
Mary (Venditti :) )
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I grew up in that area around Grand and Peoria st around the Como Inn resturant. So I figured they must of gone to Santa Maria Addolorata Church on Ada street where I went to school.
So I looked up his Baptism and it showed up on Familysearch.org Illinois, Chicago, Catholic Church Records, 1833-1925 Santa Maria Addolorata
Baptism #117 Feb 10 1912 Americus Venditti son of Louretus Venditti and Antonietta Lombardi from Caserta Italy lived on 945 Ohio ST
Click on for record click again to enlarge
http://postimage.org/image/32p9yah0k/

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Heres Elia Venditti Baptism record from Santa Maria Addolorata Church Chicago Illinois
Index #184 Year 1913 June 19 Elia Venditti parents Loretus Vendetti from Sora Italy and Antonietta Lombardi from Caserta Italy
click for record and click again to enlarge
http://postimage.org/image/36drfuwhw/
Elias Venditti index 297 baptism record 1915 living on 854 Erie St. Chicago
click for record and click again to enlarge
http://postimage.org/image/36drfuwhw/

Marty

Marty
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gamadaha »

Marty, Boy do I have questions, I typed this long dissertation, and I timed out! aaahhhhh. Anyway, before I retype it (tomorrow), the two links above are the same.
Do you see any for a Renato who was born Feb 5, 1916? Yes, Feb 5th. same as Amerigo! and guess what...my brother Robert (Amerigos son) was also born on Feb 5th! I cant even DO the math on that one :)

Night!
Thanks,
Mary
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gamadaha »

Oh one more thing, Can you read Italian? (Hope that wasnt a stupid question, if so, sorry) If you could read Amerigus(sp) FULL name, I would greatly appreciate it!
Your the best
Mary
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Americus Ginus Armandus Venditti sounds like a roman soldier
Renato 's full baptsism is not available but if you want it you could call Santa Maria Addolorata Church Chicago Illinois 773 421 4814 Fax 773 421 3122 for it.
Sept 1916-Aug 1919 index number#42 here is a copy of the page with his name and number on it.
click for page and click again to enlarge
http://postimage.org/image/n18n87ic/

Marty

Marty
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gamadaha »

Thanks Marty! I need you to still send the link again that says Elias. The second link is exactly the same as the first in your initial post to me with the two links. Elia vs Elias? Thats a new beginning for me. Once I research a few dates, I will update you and may need a little more help if you would not mind!
Thanks
Mary
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Elias David Colombo Venditti 1915 #297
Click on for record click again to enlarge
http://postimage.org/image/f6rac1fo/
Glad to help Mary

Marty

Marty
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gamadaha »

Stories were Gma and Gpa Venditti had two sets of twins that passed. No proof, no sex's. Maybe Elia could be a single female child as one being passed. Is there a way to just look up Venditti/Lombardi as parents and just get all kids? The first born was Vincenzo, but he was born in Sora in 1904, so if there were four passed(per story of two sets of twins, maybe not twins, just two kids)I am still missing one child, but cannot be sure the birth would have been Sora or Chicago. If Vincenzo was born in 1904 then the next being my Dad Americus in 1912, thats quite a ways inbetween. (like I am one to talk, I have a son 23 and a daughter 13) :) Yet another story tho, was that they did name my father Amerigo due to him being first born in America. Just stories. My Dads family never talked much of their history, and I was very young and a late baby, and never knew my Grandparents, so I didnt see the value back then. I am only 52. My son got me started on all of this, because he really wants to pass this on now that he has a one year old son. I want to find out if my Grandparents had siblings too, especially Loreto. I know of one sister (Caterina) of Antoneta. Ok, tangent, sorry. Just fun to talk to someone. So, I am definately going to call the Church once I can either confirm birth dates of everyone (one call does it all?) Then should I call Cook County too? I hope you are having a good day.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Looked through back and forward didnt see anymore Venditti in the records at the church in the index
Do you have Loreto's birth record from Sora Italy? If you do could you post it here

Marty :)

Marty
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gamadaha »

I do have both Loreto and Antonetta's birth certifs from Sora Italy. I have Loretos death cert from Chicago and lots more. I have been through alot of Microfilms at the LDS center down the street, but thats hit or miss when you cant read Italian! My family is one gigantic mystery. (pretty sad I cant even find my own Dad's here in the states :cry: :(
I have only scanned once and it came in sideways, and my moderator said he got a crimp in his neck trying to read it(joking), so I will try tomorrow. I dont really know how, but I will ask around. If not, could you send me a private fax #? That way I could fax alot to you I need translating and you could post anything here you wish. I would even be happy to pay you or make a donation, which ever. This is keeping me awake and working on clues until 2 am every night/morning. :| I think I am ready to start a TREE, but need to learn that one too!
Friends,
Mary