common name???

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

common name???

Post by DonnaH »

Can someone tell me if the names Barletta, Pisano and Musto are common names in Italy, like Jones and Smith are here in the United States??

Also to write for birth certificate for Campanarello aka Venticano and Pietradefusi where do I write??

When there were remarriages back in 1890's and children were involved
did they automatically take new fathers name. Found out my grandfather had a 1/2 brother named Pasquale Barletta. I assumed they had the same father based on the name but was told they had the same mother.
How do I find out????
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: common name???

Post by VaDeb »

http://gens.labo.net/it/cognomi/

enter surname for cognome and click red arrow to see the distribution of the surname in Italy today

Debbie
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Barletta is present in 586 comuni, Pisano in 1143, and Musto in 377.......
To see the surname distribution use the website below.....cognome=surname and click the red arrow....hope this helps....
wldspirit :D

http://www.gens.labo.net/
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

:oops: still typing while you posted.......
wldspirit
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

DonnaH wrote:Can someone tell me if the names Barletta, Pisano and Musto are common names in Italy, like Jones and Smith are here in the United States??

Also to write for birth certificate for Campanarello aka Venticano and Pietradefusi where do I write??

When there were remarriages back in 1890's and children were involved
did they automatically take new fathers name. Found out my grandfather had a 1/2 brother named Pasquale Barletta. I assumed they had the same father based on the name but was told they had the same mother.
How do I find out????
normally, about the remarriages........
-if an child was father's orphan and the mother remarried, well the surname no change, why the child was legittimate;

-the surname instead change if the child was illegitimate child only with mother surname, why only mother knowed, so if this mother married with an man, is possible that , and only if he want, this husband give the own surname to mother and child....
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH