Notation of marriage on pg 2

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Notation of marriage on pg 2

Post by lilbees »

This is the birth record for Giuseppe Venezia 1844.

On the 2nd page is a notation of marriage and I cannot make out the information. I believe he is marrying a Marianna Romano who I believe is from another comune.

Can someone let me know what the notation reads.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... 887pg2.jpg
http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... ge1887.jpg

Thanks,
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Notation of marriage on pg 2

Post by liviomoreno »

The marriage was celebrated 26 Sep 1878, bride Marianna Romano, born 12 March 1852 daughter of Gaetano. I cannot understand the birth place but I believe it is still Castellammare di Stabia
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

I read that the annotation states "nata in detta sezione Vicaria" "born in said Vicaria section", that is the same "section" (I don't know if the word is right) of the Commune of Naples where the marraige was celebrated.
Vicarìa is a district in Naples; here is a link (in Italian):

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicaria
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks Pippo. But I also need the dates and names of the people involved.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

WHOOPS! Missed Livio's information. So sorry and thank you to Livio and Pippo.

lilbees
arturo.c
Veteran
Veteran

Post by arturo.c »

The text in Italian reads as follows:

N.B.: Nel dì undici settembre corrente anno nell'ottavo ufficio di stato civile sezione Vicaria della città di Napoli, è celebrato il matrimonio, atto numero trecentocinquantasei, tra il contrascritto Giuseppe Venezia con Marianna Romano di Gaetano, nata in detta sezione il dodici settembre milleottocentocinquantadue.
Castellammare di Stabia, dodici ottobre milleottecentosettantasette. L'assessore delegato allo Stato Civile.

Translates in English means:

N.B.: On the day 11th of September of the current year in the eighth office of Civil Status section Vicaria of the City of Naples was cerebrated the marriage, act no. 356, between the aforementioned Giuseppe Venezia and Marianna Romano (daughter) of Gaetano, born in the same section on Sep. 12th 1852.
Castellammare di Stabia, 12th October 1877. (signed) The clerk in charge of Civil Status.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thank you Arturo for the full translation of this notation. Much appreciated.

lilbees