Viscuso Family.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Pilot53

Viscuso Family.

Post by Pilot53 »

Oct 11th.
I'm a Viscuso & was born here in Australia.
I have relatives living in Italy & Sicily. I have'nt heard from anyone & I do'nt know them as I've never met them. I like to get to know my Cousins,Uncles & Aunties if I can.
My Father came from Catania & my Mother from Calabria,that's all I know. Both are deceased & I do'nt anyone else. Anyone that might be able to assist me in any way I would greatly appreciate it. Last I heard I had an Aunt (Agata) Dads sister who passed away & a cousin named Angela who I beleive is still alive.
Kindest regards to all.
Joe Viscuso
Am a Viscuso living here in Australia searching 4 other Viscuso's as well world wide. Hope 2 get 2 know some from here
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Viscuso Family.

Post by adelfio »

Hello Joe
Can you give some info fathers and mothers maiden name and some dates?
There are records of Catania online on familysearch.org
https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... /waypoints
What town of Calabria is your mom from?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Pilot53

Post by Pilot53 »

October 12th.

Hi Marty..
Thanks here for your reply & I will give you as much information as I can.
My Father arrived here at what year I have no idea,as for my Mother the same may be said both are deceased & buried here, I have thier birth dates if that's any help with my trying to track my relitives. I was born here having two older sisters. I have Uncles, Aunties & Cousins living in Italy & Sicily & as my posting reveals I have no idea as to who or where they live. My Mothers maiden name was Larufa.
My Grandparents (Fathers) where Guiseppe & Rosa & I believe my Mothers side were Fandinado? & that's all I know.
I tried Ancestry.com but so far I've had no replies only one I recieved was from a Viscuso from California & he's a young teenager & does'nt know a great deal but still in contact with him.
Marty that's all I know & again thanks for your help.
I look forward to hearing from others in the future & hope that one or more may be my relitives.
Kindest regards
Joe Viscuso
Australia.
Am a Viscuso living here in Australia searching 4 other Viscuso's as well world wide. Hope 2 get 2 know some from here
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Yes birth dates and there names would help......

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Joe!

I would agree with Marty, we would need some names and dates :-D

Catania (where you state that your father was born) is both a town and a province. Since civil records are held at the town level, we would need to know if he was born in the town of Catania, or another town in Province of Catania. VISCUSO is a very popular name in the province. :-)

There are currently 40 persons with the name VISCUSO in the Italian Phone Book in the Town of Catania.

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... btt=1&om=0

If you wish to write to one or more of them to inquire of your relatives:
Help with letters to potential relatives in Italian...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives

Meanwhile, it you could provide us with more details we will see what we can find.

T.