Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
For my grandmother's 80th birthday I am tracing her name back. I discovered she was named after her grandmother Angela Borea who was named after her grandmother Angela. I am having trouble figuring out Angela's last name though, on the records it looks like 'Uua' though on the world family name finder there is no such last name though 'Uva' is listed as a last name. The record I have has several places that shows the letter 'v' and it certainly doesn't look like that to me. Any help with this surname would be appreciated!
Her name is listed on the below 1857 marriage record of Alessandro Borea (Angela Uua is his mother) & Lorita Coppola:
I wouldn't say it's "Uva" either; it would look more something like "Nela". Still, "Uva" is present today in San Mango, but "Nela" is not...
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
There is an Italian family named "Bua" living in Wilmington, Delaware. If you look on your keyboard, the letter "B" is right next to "V" so it could be a typo and the name is actually "Bua".
The dialects of modern Italian all have their roots in the spoken form of Latin (Vulgar Latin), in use throughout the Roman Empire. Vulgar Latin had, no doubt, its own local peculiarities before the fall of the Empire. The political instability that followed Roman rule kept Italy from re-uniting as ...