Gullotti Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gullotti

Gullotti Family

Post by gullotti »

I have found the following names that repeatedly show up when cross referencing info:
If anyone could help with more info and perhaps photographs that would be great !
Take a careful look . . there is alot of stuff here !

Gullotti, Michelino,Carmelo,Guiseppe,Giovanni,Gaetano . . (children of Vincenzo who I is married to Caterina Di Perna these are my great grandparents)from Raccuja or Raccnia . . Michelino and Carmelo are buried on Long Island . . Giovanni and Gaetano seem to vanish from any records . . Guiseppe may have gone back to Sicily ( I have a photograph of a man standing with 5 children in front of what I translated to be "our new modern home" im guesstimating the picture is from the 1920's maybe 30's

Cangialosi also spelled Cangelosi (Lena and Joeseph living in the bronx 1920) brother in law of Gullotti

Tripoli Members of this family frequently traveled with Gullottis to New York east 13th Street NYC

Francesco Di Perna who is married to Fortunata Lo Presti (her name comes up as Totuna)

Rugolo's . . they lived with Francesco DiPerna in Jamestown PA 1920 also travelled with Vincenzo Gullotti (shoemaker)

Elena Visalli from Rometta her father is Placido . . I have an old picture of her and what appears to be four daughters

I also have a postcard of my other great granfather (Ciccio Visalli) posing with his military marching band . . written on the face of the card is Palermo 1922 C.C.R.R.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Gullotti Family

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello and welcome to the forum! :-)

Don't know if you already have this information...

Possible marriage dates/spouses for Carmelo and Michelino in NYC...
NYC Marriage Index:

Gullotti Carmelo Jun 27 1925 Manhattan 20519
Assanti Elena Jun 27 1925 Manhattan 20519

Gullotti Michelino Jan 8 1922 Manhattan 1838
Visalli Elena Jan 8 1922 Manhattan 1838

Elena Visalli from Rometta her father is Placido . . I have an old picture of her and what appears to be four daughters
The last number above is the certificate# - you can use it and the borough name to request copies of these marriage certificates online from NYC Vital Records at this site...
http://www.nyc.gov/html/records/html/vi ... iage.shtml

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Do you have approximate dates of birth for Giovanni and Gaetano?

Found this POSSIBLE death index record for GIOVANNINO GULLOTTI in NYC
He would have been born about 1901...

Gullotti Giovannino 13 y Aug 17 1914 24649 Manhattan

Can request at this site...
http://www.nyc.gov/html/records/html/vi ... eath.shtml

EDIT: - based on the 1911 arrival manifest for Vincenzo Gullotti, his wife Catena DiPerna, and their son Giovanni, age 10 (born about 1901) I think the above death record may be for him :-(

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Cangialosi also spelled Cangelosi (Lena and Joeseph living in the bronx 1920) brother in law of Gullotti
For reference - here is the 1920 Census with the brothers GULLOTTI living with Joseph and Lena Cangelosi - (Michel (Michele) - Joseph (Giuseppe) - Charles (Carmelo?)
It looks like Lena was their sister...

Marriage of Joseph Cangialosi and Angelina (Lena) Gullotti in 1912...

Cangialosi Giuseppe Nov 24 1912 Manhattan 28071
Gullotti Angelina Nov 21 1912 28071 Manhattan

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Link to the Comune of Raccuja, Messina

http://www.comune.raccuja.me.it/

Also noticed on the arrival manifest for Vincenzo Gullotti that he was leaving his sister IGNAZIA, on Contrada Matrice(?) in Raccuia;
and going to his sons: "Michele Calogero, Carmelo, Giuseppe at 13th St."
Is Calogero another son? Or could that actually be your Gaetano, since Giovanni was onboard the ship with Vincenzo?

You wrote:
Gullotti, Michelino,Carmelo,Guiseppe,Giovanni,Gaetano . . (children of Vincenzo

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Found this arrival manifest for CALOGERO GULLOTTI

Age 18, a shoemaker, from Raccuia
Arriving 1906 at Port of NY
Going to brother MICHELE GULLOTTI on Elizabeth St., NYC

5th line down...

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h47 ... nifest.jpg

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I wrote:
Also noticed on the arrival manifest for Vincenzo Gullotti that he was leaving his sister IGNAZIA, on Contrada Matrice(?) in Raccuia;
and going to his sons: "Michele Calogero, Carmelo, Giuseppe at 13th St."
Is Calogero another son? Or could that actually be your Gaetano, since Giovanni was onboard the ship with Vincenzo?
The above was an arrival manifest for December 1911....

On an earlier trip in 1909 (December 17, SS Oceania), Vincenzo traveled with sons, Carmelo age 14, Giuseppe age 12, and Giovanni age 8. All but Giovanni are listed as shoemakers.
On page 2 of the manifest it states they were traveling to Vincenzo's son Calogero on 12th St. in NYC>

So Calogero IS one of Vincenzo's sons, and also a shoemaker like his father and brothers. :D

ALSO - they were leaving behind in Raccuia, Vincenzo's daughter and his sons' sister Provvidenza Tripoli in Raccuia...

Ancestry link to the manifest if you need it.
http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=Vi ... 4033417260
T.
gullotti

Post by gullotti »

Thank you . . that was a step forward . . my interests have shifted back to the Visalli Family from Rometta . . i scanned into my computer what pictures I have and then magnified them to read what was written on these postcard pictures . . there are 12 people pictured and numbered and at the bottom of the card it lists all of those who have their pictures numbered . . i also went to Ellis Island. org and found a match . . April 28th 1905 which is most of the family(most of the girls and their mother) which turns out to be my greatgrand mother Caterina Glaqua or Ilaqua or perhaps something close . . cross referencing marriage records i discovered Angelina Visalli was married to Gaetano Sacca 10/27/1907 (the last name Sacca also appears on my parents wedding list and in a personal phone registry of my father). . anyway Angelina's father is listed as Placido Visalli and his picture appears on the postcard but is not listed below. Caterina Glaqua is pictured next to him bu also not listed at the bottom of the postcard . . I have other pictures of her when she was living in NYC (Walter Studios). . So i found another daughter Elena Visalli coming to the states on 6/24/1911 and she is going to see her mom Caterina Glaqua 509 east 13th street NYC and leaving behind her father Placido . . Elena is my Grandmother she died some where around 1971 or 2 and is buried with my grandfather Michelino Gullotti at St Charles Cemetery on Long Island . . I believe Elena was close with her father and her brother Francesco who are both pictured on the postcard . . I am now pretty sure that Francesco is also Ciccio Visalli who was a Maresciallo for the Musica Legionale CCRR . . im wondering if there are any recordings of this band . . i have a picture of the band in Palermo 1922 . . this picture as far as i can translate was sent to Elena and I believe it congratlates her and Michelino on their wedding. Ciccio's wife is Agata. I have a picture of the as well as an older couple and it mentions there birthdays (1880s)If some one could help me recordings that would be awesome and anyother info going back or forward time that would be great .. . Also the postcard that pictures the family together also says this (casa laterna). . I wonder if it has anything to do with the hotel in rometta
mj_marino

Post by mj_marino »

Hello-

I also have the photo "Musica Legionale Palermo 1922." I also have photos of individuals in their uniforms. Unfortunately, I do not know for sure who anyone is in these photos, only that they are probably relatives of my Tortorici great-grandmother who was from Gibellina.

Have you found any further information about this since your last post?

thanks.

-Matt-
paulineh45

Post by paulineh45 »

hello, my grandmother was rosaria Gullotti, she married Michael Scarabelli, she was from ucria,sicili and he was from S. Angel Brolo, sicili, can you help with any info on her, thank you
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Hello!
Here is her birth record:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1946858

She was born on May 4th, 1887 in Ucria,
father was Antonino, 28 years old, labourer; mother Carmela Franchina, peasant
Side annotation states she married Michele Scarabello in Sant'Agata on Jul 16th, 1907
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

This is the marriage of Antonino Gullotti and Carmela Franchina on Dec 31st, 1885:

He was 27, a labourer, born and resident in Ucria, son of Francesco (deceased) and Rosaria Faranda
She was 20, a peasant, born and resident in Ucria, daughter of Vincenzo and Concetta Faranda

PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

And this is the marriage of Michele Scarabelli and Rosaria Gullotti, on Feb 16th, 1907 (I misread the annotation) on birth record:

He was 23, a labourer, born in Sant'Angelo di Brolo, son of unknown parents
Rosaria was now residing in Sant'Agata.