Help finding address to mail request to???

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ck2007

Help finding address to mail request to???

Post by ck2007 »

Hi everyone,

I am now beginning my process to apply for dual citizenship to Italy. I have no documents or anything that I need. I obtained a form from this website,

http://italy.usembassy.gov/acs/records.html

to send off to request the records I need. My problem is, I have no clue what address to mail this to! I am trying to mail this to Novara,Italy and I can't read their website that well (it's in Italian) and I can't find an address that I could use to mail this kind of request to. Can anyone help me please?

Another question I have, my great great grandfather (this is who I'm trying to get dual citizenship through, and I've read several places there is a generation limit, I have also read other places there is not and this is the current website I am following :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_nationality_law

http://www.myitaliancitizenship.com/ind ... guide.html

but anyway, my great great grandfather was born in Novara,Italy in 1870, he was married to my great great grandmother in 1892, and died in the US in 1910. So I am very confused on if they were married in Italy or here in the US, and also if he became a citizen or naturalized here in the US. I'm also unsure on when they came here to the US. Will any of this ruin my chances? How do I find this info out? Oh and also, my great great grandfather's name was Giovanni Nicolo Francesco Montoli, but he was called John Joseph Montoli and I don't know if his name was changed when he came to the US?

Thank you in advance!
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Help finding address to mail request to???

Post by Biff83 »

Did your great great grandparents live in Biloxi, MS? If so, census records indicate that Josephine was born in Louisiana so it's a good bet they were married here in the states. 1910 census shows Giovanni's immigration year as 1886 and that he has naturalized. Let me know if you'd like me to post links to the census record images.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
ck2007

Re: Help finding address to mail request to???

Post by ck2007 »

Hi Biff,

Thank you for searching that! Shortly after I posted that post, I found my book I had misplaced with all of that info, which is correct. I couldn't even remember what info I had in that book. So my gg-gf was born in Italy and came to Biloxi. The documents I need for dual citizenship says I will need a death certificate, I contacted Mississippi vital records, which does not have anything before 1912, from my records he died in 1910. I was then directed to another number and they told me that before 1912 no death records were kept in the state of Mississippi. I asked how I would go about getting something like that, the man told me I could always go find the headstone :? Will this hurt my chances of dual citizenship since the state he died in did not keep records of the death certificates? My records show it was 1910, a website I looked at earlier today said 1912. If it is 1910, will this affect my chances? Also with dual citizenship, how does the naturlization process work? You said you found the image where he was naturalized, (could you please post that??) was it before or after the first child was born? Thank you so much!